Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Derek Jeter Contest

Saw Derek Jeter the other day in an ESPN TV interview. He stated how his health is 100%. Which got me to thinking maybe it might be an interesting thread to have a contest of sorts. No prizes, just the bragging rights once the season ends. Contest:Guess the number of games he will play in the regular season only. This would include any at bats, PH, only fields, pinch runs(which I doubt due to his ankle concerns) etc. Any appearance counts. If no one picks the exact total of games, whomever is closest, above or below the final total is the winner. Tiebreaker #1-Total HRS or closest to, for year, Tiebreaker #2-Total hits, or closest to,for year. Don't know if there is any interest or if in the proper board, but hey it doesn't cost anything. Have fun and let the season begin. Mine:112 games,TB#1-9 HRS,TB#2-94 Hits.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    I will give The Captain 121 G; 11 HR; 102 H

Hard to admit as a Red Sox fan - but I've never had a problem with Jeter - he's right up there with M Rivera & B Williams - always very classy, quality players, played clean & lots of intetegrity. Unfortunate that Bernie will probably not make the HOF - if he did - I wouldn't have a problem with that. He is the answer to a great trivia question.............Who is the only player to hit a walk off HR in 2 championship series games (gm 1 1996 & gm 1 1999) against Bal & Bos.

image to you Derek to finishing in 4th place this year!!!!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Game: 127

Hr: 13

Hits: 121
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    137 - 9 - 163
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    148 - 15 - 149
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    132/11/111
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    143 - 11 - 152
  • Options
    Games-140
    HR- 22
    Hits-179

Goes out with a bang!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your interest and responses. I have listed your picks for tracking throughout the year. Contest closes day before first regular season Yankee game.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    131 games
    6 HR's
    162 Hits
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball