Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2014 Bay Area Card Show - Santa Clara

I was wondering if anyone has been to this show. It says it's the 7th annual. Very good autograph guests but I am more interested in the cards. Is it worth the trip up there from Southern California?

Bay Area card Show

Comments

• Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭
    Cool, it is just down the street from where I work. I might drop by to check it out.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Not sure, but appreciate the heads up. This is close by so will try to check it out.

If I make it I will share thoughts after, but look forward to hear from anyone that's attended previous years.

Thanks again.
    Jim
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    In Dallas - the admission charge is $10 on Saturday and Sunday and that is way too much for what it is as a card show, now if you are going for autographs the extra few dollars may not matter.

last year was a ton better than 2012. I will take the train this year to save on gas.
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭
    No This is mainly an autograph event.Very few card dealers .If you do attend go on the Free admission not worth $10image admission they charge. Save your gas $$.
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Giantsfan20. I go because there are so few card shows on No Cal nowadays. I wouldn't make the trip from So Cal though. Mostly autos and the card table area seems to get a little smaller each year.

Matt
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with others' comments. Only a few dealer tables. I'll go on the free night to see if there's any card tables worth rifling through. The Memorial Day Cow Palace show is about the only Norcal show worth attending from a card standpoint.
  • Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭
    I ended up swinging by to check it out since its free entry today. Did pickup a Will Clark ball.

• Options
    Stopped in Friday to drop off some PSA Boxing Ticket submissions. Used my 50.00 Voucher, no admission fee and free parking.
    I only live about 15 miles away in Fremont so it was a win, win, win for me.

Gotta love the free admission and parking on Friday. When I attend the S.F. Cow palace show its 5.00 for the bridge, 10.00
    to park and 10.00 admission plus gas. About 30.00 before I even get in so if I add that to the money I saved at the S.J. show
    my submission to PSA for three tickets was about 4.75 each total (shipping included) plus I got to attend the show. Picked up
    a full Ali Vs. Norton III Ringside Near perfect ticket for a very good price.

Side note got there at 4:50 pm, show started at 5:00 pm. everyone was standing outside the doors waiting for the doors to
    open. Noticed one door was ajar so opened it to ask how long before they open and a seller says come on in image Walk up to PSA
    table submit my submissions, No waiting done in a few minutes since I had filled out the submission form at home.

All in all a great experiance