Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Signed Joe Frazier / Muhammad Ali Picture

Could someone tell me how much this is worth? signed by both fighters and with certificate of authenticity from 1999.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Here you go:

Edited to add: From where is the Certificate of Authenticity?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here you go:

Edited to add: From where is the Certificate of Authenticity? >>

From 1999..nuff said
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    http://www.spiritofsport.co.uk/

spirit of sport thats where the CoA is from
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Although I never heard of them, when I looked them up on the Internet I didn't see anything negative.

The only problem I see is that you stated the COA is from 1999. The following is from their website:

Spirit of Sport was formed in 2000 by a group of private collectors who had been buying and selling memorabilia since the 1980’s. During the 1990’s they became somewhat disenchanted by the ever growing number of fraudulent items being offered for sale. This gave them the idea and motivation to start a company whereby like-minded individuals are offered genuine memorabilia at affordable prices, supported by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

The Company has grown and diversified somewhat since then and now employs 15 people with a dedicated warehousing and distribution centre based near Reading in Berkshire. There are also regional offices in Cardiff and Cornwall.

Spirit of Sport is now recognised as one of the leading Sports Memorabilia and Promotions companies with associations and partnering agreements with a number of sporting organisations, and leading high-profile sports men and women.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    i think i was wrong there the item history indicates it was signed at a sporting fair held in the USA during 1999. the spirit of sport date is jan 2003. there is also a picture of ali on the back signing photos.
  • Options
    assuming it is real, which i do believe it to be. what would something like this be worth? and would it be better to get it re-framed?
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    with Ali being the most forged autograph of any living athlete and with a generic/no-name COA; I'd say the value now is only about $100

With a JSA or a PSA/DNA authentication, you're probably talking about a $400-$500 piece.

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    I dont like the R in Frazier type in Joe Frazier autograph in google images and you wont find another one where the what is usually a loop or x for the start of the r starts all the way near the bottom of the f. boxing isn't my specialty but it may have a tougher time passing jsa/psa then you may be expecting.
    Nathan Wagner