Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: WWE Network Goes Live Today.....

I just signed up a few minutes ago and I am blown away. This is NetFlix for wrestling fans.

The first search I did was for Andre The Giant and I found a clip from World Class Championship Wrestling from Texas from 1982. I clicked on it and it is a full show that is 46 minutes in length.

If you like older wrestling I would check this out.

With the membership you get access to all of their PPV's so this is a good value proposition. I won't spend $60 to watch one but I might tune in now that I can see it for part of my membership costs.

I watched the role out and they said they are starting with 1500 hours of content and will grow it to 100,000. This was a brilliant move by WWE to unleash the value of their video library.

Comments

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Vince can make a buck, he'll make a buck. I signed up myself, growing up in the Mid Atlantic/Crockett area I never saw WWF, AWA, WCCW until on into the 80's. Didn't even see Georgia Championship Wrestling until 1982. So except for Youtube stuff, a lot of the older 70's - early 80's stuff will be new to me. I look forward to it. Have no problem paying Vinny for this.
  • Options
    markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    I joined but can't see any of the videos. It just spins and spins without coming on. I'm also getting media error. Video not available. Do I need to upgrade to something? I'm using Mozella Firefox. How do I upgrade it?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I joined but can't see any of the videos. It just spins and spins without coming on. I'm also getting media error. Video not available. Do I need to upgrade to something? I'm using Mozella Firefox. How do I upgrade it?
    Thanks >>

It was working for the brief moment I tried it last night but this morning I had the same issue you did.

I did turn on the Legends show that was live and that was cool. I am guessing they are overloaded with traffic and need to work out the kinks.

For a mixed drink a month to get access to all of this I think it is a hell of a deal.

• Options
    markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I will try again. I agree with the price. I'm not a big fan of the new stuff but I grew up in NC with Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and with World Class in the 80's. I want to see all those old clips again that are not on youtube.
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Is it available on TV (like on Apple TV) or just the internet? I miss my old-school wrestling since they dropped WWE 24/7 from OnDemand.

I really love the Legends Roundtable show - I hope that makes the move to the WWE Network.
    Nikklos
  • Options

<< <i>Is it available on TV (like on Apple TV) or just the internet? I miss my old-school wrestling since they dropped WWE 24/7 from OnDemand.

I really love the Legends Roundtable show - I hope that makes the move to the WWE Network. >>

At this point I believe it is just the Internet or devices that can access it like Play Station 3. I heard that I believe in May the Apple TV will be able to access it as well.

The show I was watching this morning was the Legends Roundtable.

• Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    DPeck - make sure to watch every episode of it. Real inside stuff.

Just checked Apple TV and saw the WWE icon. WooHoo!

Edit to add - just signed up - a little light on content thus far.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    How long is the $9.99 special on for? I am going to sign up, but wait for the craziness to calm down a bit.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    BUT is there G.L.O.W.?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How long is the $9.99 special on for? I am going to sign up, but wait for the craziness to calm down a bit. >>

That's not a special - that's the ongoing price. It'll be $9.99 a month but you sign up for 6-month blocks at a time.
  • Options

<< <i>BUT is there G.L.O.W.? >>

I know you are kidding but if you want to watch a funny special on Glow there is one on Net Flix right now.

• Options
    I just got home from the gym and tried to watch and it is working just fine now.

Video #46 from WCCW.

• Options
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I thought this was an interesting read

link
  • Options
    I watched a good amount of Wrestlemania 30 on the WWE Network until I got to tired and went to bed.

This was one of the most insane moments I have ever seen in wrestling.

Cesaro
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see the Wrestlemania PPV numbers out, any news on WWE Network subscription numbers?

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options

<< <i>It'll be interesting to see the Wrestlemania PPV numbers out, any news on WWE Network subscription numbers? >>

667k have signed up. The market sold off the stock hard today. I read they were hoping for at least 750k already. The wild card will be how much they cannibalized their PPV numbers.

What I saw of the the show was awesome.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Want to give credit to the WWE network. I was worried all the viewers would cause problems for streaming Wrestlemania. Despite some sound issues on the preshow the main event went by without a hitch on my Roku. I also really enjoyed the hall of fame ceremony. If you have any interest in wrestling its ten bucks a month well spent.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards