Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I love it when this happens...

A chain of events leads to a cool piece of trivia.

Bought some 2013 Archives Football. Really enjoyed the rip.

Went to BBCE to do a search. Didn't have it, but decided to look through some of the other Archives product.

Saw the 1994/1954 Archives set.

Is that Clemente? Is that a Dodger logo? WTH?

I'm sure some of the elder statesmen here are well aware. But I was not. He was a bench player for the Montreal Royals, the same team where Jackie started, and Pittsbugh grabbed him via draft.

As a Latin Dodger fan this was a bit crushing. I've never pictured him as anything but a Pirate...until now. And the thought of him on the 55 Dodger team and beyond makes me salivate a little. Also, can you imagine the joy he'd have brought to the Angelinos with the move to LA?

Anyway, thought that was cool and am now on the lookout for the 94/54 Clemente Gold Card.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dodgers signed both Clemente and Koufax to "Bonus Baby" contracts and decided not to keep Roberto on the Major league roster.

They tried to hide him in the minors but Pittsburgh found him and grabbed him.

Dodgers might have a couple of more World Series wins if Clemente stays with them!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set