Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinions wanted on possible ebay return

For some reason I'm a sucker for these kinds of listings. I'm always trying to improve my mostly raw 1974 set. The first time I bought a lot like this it was a gold mine of potential 9's and 10's. The next ten or so purchases not so much. But i keep trying...

I just received this lot in the mail. There are some beauties but overall I'd consider this lot to be EX if I were in a generous mood. Many bent corners, worn edges and wax stains and that is just after my first quick look through.
Ebay link

Of course the listing states 'No Returns' so I'm trying to decide if this lot was misrepresented by the description. How would you interpret "vending quality, the rest are NM/Mint?"

I've been disappointed many times but have never sent back an ebay purchase. This one just seems a bit too much. How painful is the ebay process to claim an item is not as described if the seller does not wish to refund?

Thanks in advance for your collectice opinions and advice.

Comments

• Options
    Smarter folk than I will chime in here as to what vending quality might mean, but no returns on ebay doesn't mean no returns if you feel the item was misrepresented. It even makes a big point about that when I list things that I use the "no return" policy on.
  • Options
    If you need MN-MT or better 74s raw I know a guy who has some but you are going to pay.

Jason
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I can't speak to the quality of the cards at all, because I'm not a card guy. I just happen to have some, so I occasionally browse this forum. But I can tell you - both as an experienced eBay seller and buyer - that you can return the item if you really truly believe it is not as described.

A lot of people abuse this system, but if you're 100% positive then here's what you do:

1) go to the Resolution Center
    2) open a case for "item not as described"
    3) when it asks you for your preferred outcome, choose "return for full refund"

eBay will allow the seller to reply and explain themselves, but the bottom line is they have to accept your return. As soon as the case is opened, eBay will freeze the money from their account. The only resolution, no matter what the seller claims, is the case will be decided in your favor and you will get a full refund plus shipping. Like I said ... a lot of people abuse this system because it's so heavily biased in the buyer's favor.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    You should still be protected by the eBay Money Back Guarantee even if the seller doesn't offer returns. Contact the seller. If you don't believe that ten percent of the cards are NM-MT you have a case. If you don't have a history of purchasing and returning items on eBay you will certainly have an advantage. Good luck Splatt. Keep us posted.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item condition: Like New

Send them back.

In the future NEVER bid on an auction with such incredibly poor scans!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ScottAScottA Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Given the description, I would read 'vending quality' to be less than nm/mint. How much less than mint I don't know. You paid a pretty steep price though. I just bought over 1100 1974's on ebay for $60 - I got way more than 25 nm cards out of it. The description is certainly vague though - I'll give you that.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Go with your gut feeling. If you truly expected better quality because of the description then work out a return.
    You'll have to pay for return shipping. Make sure you use USPS tracking so the seller can't claim he didn't receive them.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

<< <i>Item condition: Like New

Send them back.

In the future NEVER bid on an auction with such incredibly poor scans! >>

+1. You really went into this auction blindly.