Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Does anybody here do albums ?

I have a Dansco World Crown album that I am working on. I'm curious if anyone else uses this album....?

The challenge is the diameters of the coins. Many of the coins I'm plugging in very pretty wildly, so it's difficult to arrange pages with similar types.
Some 8 reales are in the 40mm page, some on the 39mm...some won't fit into the 39mm slot, but swim around in the 40mm.

I'm ending up with some kind of odd stuff being used to fill holes too...I've even cracked out coins that I was going to keep slabbed, just to finish a page image

Comments

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I had albums custom made by Dansco for my ancient Biblical coins. I like them alot.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had albums custom made by Dansco for my ancient Biblical coins. I like them alot. >>

His custom Danscos for his Biblical collection are very impressive. (If memory serves, he also had a custom Dansco made for Brit large pennies, too.)

I once had a lot of fun with the Irish predecimal series in the three Danscos. Completed 'em, too, except for the uber-rare 1943 florin, which Dansco helpfully had a "plug" in the hole for, thereby making it optional.

I know it probably isn't profitable for them, but I wish they'd expand their line. It always seemed strange to me that they had albums for Fiji, but not the UK (which is why Aethelred had to have a custom one done for the Brit pennies.)

Fiji? Really? Wow.

(Actually, the Fiji set is probably fun, but pretty esoteric. Wonder how that one ended up getting produced.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    I also had one made for British Farthings.

It is a shame they do not do more countries.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael, do you have a photo of your Biblical album? Pages, not cover.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    I dont, but i will try to change that.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it hard to get a custom album?

Years ago I had looked into getting a custom album by Intercept for a Japanese type set--the old Dansco Japan album was discontinued and is VERY hard to find (and only goes through 1970ish). The cost was fairly prohibitive unless one ordered hundreds. Perhaps Dansco is more flexible as they aren't using the Intercept technology? I really haven't looked in years, and it would be nice to have a more modern Japanese one (and with the prefecture coins, that could be it's own album....).

As for the title question, yes I do, I have an old Dansco Japanese type set and I have a US 7070 that I haven't added a coin to in at least 4 years. I did bid on an ebay auction for a US coin last weekend though! However, no luck with a custom album--years ago and asking Intercept.

Cathy

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I custom made some of my own Dansco albums using a labeler to label blank pages.
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to do a GB 3 Pence album. Just don't know how far back I want to go. I have a nice circ set going from 1830-1943. Would be nice to have a way of displaying it since its not an expensive set.

<< <i>

As for the title question, yes I do, I have an old Dansco Japanese type set

Cathy >>

Ahh, I bet a Japanese type set would be fun!!!!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes- a few Canadian Library of Coins, Whitman and a Dansco Mexican type- all of them are probably 40 yrs old

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done the dansco 7220 two volume set with gold page. Thank god gold was $800 at the time, the more modern coins can be hard to find nice.

• << <i>I had albums custom made by Dansco for my ancient Biblical coins. I like them alot. >>

would like to see this
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=