Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another card I was happy to overpay for

Well, I tried to link but did something wrong. It's a 1961 Topps Maris: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Topps-2-Roger-Maris-YANKEES-50-50-CENTERED-PSA-6-/321300163313?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4acefb6af1&nma=true&si=lReaxABgg7UBt4ZyLaIwtmiR8kE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I am such a sucker for killer centering and good color. I recently posted about a psa 6 1961 Topps Mantle that I also went a little over budget on, but I'm glad to have it as part of the collection.

Thanks for taking a look - it's fun sharing with people who care when you track down a card you've been looking for.

Comments

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. I typically put centering right up there with focus when I'm looking for special cards image
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    doog71doog71 Posts: 405 ✭✭
    And that link isn't what I ended up paying for it - I bought it from the guy that bought it for $171 - he made about $30 on top of that from me image
  • Options
    I lov that card. That sure is a beautifully looking 6. Centering is fantastic. I think that's awesome that now you have a really nice 61 Mantle and Maris.
  • Options
    doog71doog71 Posts: 405 ✭✭

<< <i>I lov that card. That sure is a beautifully looking 6. Centering is fantastic. I think that's awesome that now you have a really nice 61 Mantle and Maris. >>

Thanks! I was considering trying to "bump" the Maris but the PSA grade's not all that important to me, I'd be doing it just for giggles.