Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA should have blind submission policy

PSA needs to consider a blind submission policy where the graders have no idea whose cards they are grading This is common in any other industry to eliminate a conflict of interest with the inspector/grader/reviewer.

PSA could broadcast this policy in the terms and conditions agreement. I can't imagine this process would be hard to do? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

For bettter or worse, PSA's credibility is paramount to out hobbies success. Even the appearance of grading preferences ruins our hobby. It scares good money away.

jb

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong but according to PSA the graders don't know who submitted the cards they are grading.
    James
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    if the blind are leading the blind and a tree falls down in the forest, an angel gets its wings.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sight impaired graders count for anything? I believe they have a few of those from some grades I've seen on slabs image
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>PSA needs to consider a blind submission policy where the graders have no idea whose cards they are grading This is common in any other industry to eliminate a conflict of interest with the inspector/grader/reviewer.

PSA could broadcast this policy in the terms and conditions agreement. I can't imagine this process would be hard to do? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

For bettter or worse, PSA's credibility is paramount to out hobbies success. Even the appearance of grading preferences ruins our hobby. It scares good money away.

jb >>

The graders have no idea who submitted what. It has been that way for years, possibly since the inception of the company.
  • Options

<< <i>if the blind are leading the blind and a tree falls down in the forest, an angel gets its wings. >>

+1
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    http://www.psacard.com/Services/PSAGradingProcess
    Receiving
    The receiving step is one of the most crucial steps in the PSA process. This is where all packages are logged in and separated based on their service level. Once the packages have been separated, each package is opened in priority of service and the cards are counted. After verifying the service level and payment, one of the most important steps in the grading process occurs.
    The submissions are now assigned a generic order number, removing the identifying information from the order – thus removing the potential for bias. Finally, all of the pertinent data is entered from the PSA submission form, an e-mail confirmation is sent to you and your cards are off to the next stage.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess this puts an end to all the conspiracy talk about certain submitters and sellers getting preferential grades.
    If anyone believes that I have grade real estate located in Manhattan for sale, cheap. image
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Great information as always mlbfan2. It is amazing what you can find on the website when you know where to look.

But I really have an issue with your mouse/gerbil/rodent. Why torture the poor creature for the world to see? You should be ashamed of yourself. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>PSA needs to consider a blind submission policy where the graders have no idea whose cards they are grading This is common in any other industry to eliminate a conflict of interest with the inspector/grader/reviewer.

jb >>

The graders have no idea who submitted what. It has been that way for years, possibly since the inception of the company. >>

Well, if that's what PSA says then we know without a doubt all is well and everyone gets a fair shake at PSA
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Some of the bigger submissions must be separated. The same grader may grade my 100-200 card submissions but subs of 10000 cards have to be spread around to different graders I would think.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some of the bigger submissions must be separated. The same grader may grade my 100-200 card submissions but subs of 10000 cards have to be spread around to different graders I would think. >>

I would think sheet after sheet of cards marked 'Min Grade 10' might give the grader an idea of who the submitter is.
This discussion has been closed.