Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Withdrawal

The forums were down for a few hours and I was twitching and itching. What a strong addiction I've developed in such a small amount of time!

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it happens from time to time...very painful especially when we are in the middle of a group break. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Being new, the whole group break thing confuses me. If its not too much trouble, can somebody please explain it to me?
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Being new, the whole group break thing confuses me. If its not too much trouble, can somebody please explain it to me? >>

Which part dont you understand? I would be happy to explain it. Ive been in on 2 of em.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    Is Phil Hartman here anywhere.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    All the product comes from, paid to, packaged by and sent from BBCE. There are some basic rules (1 box, 2 packs per first 48 hours, etc). Once everything is spoken for, you pay BBCE (either via paypal or you can call him with a CC). You wait a few days and then you get a cool box of goodies.

Then different people have different opinions on what next should happen to the product you just got -- but seeing as how you bought it -- you do with it as you please.

In the past, we got a discount from BBCE on the breaks, but with the increasing cost and scarcity of the stuff we are looking for, we aren't getting it this time (and maybe never again). However, it is a good way to get older product that is legitimate.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is Phil Hartman here anywhere. >>

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer!!! Classic.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    So, if you want in, you reply to the group break thread with what you want and the quantity you would like it in.

i.e.

2 - 1984 Donruss Packs
    2 - 1984 Topps Football Packs
    1 - 1989 Score FB Box
  • Options
    OK I think I get it. And I think I'll sit this one out, but will probably dive in in the future. Are these monthly or what?
  • Options
    As often as Steve gets enough product for us to bust. I'm thinking we might have one more before the national -- maybe. Probably one after the national. Getting harder for Steve to find (and keep on the shelves) the good stuff.
  • Options
    When is the national? And what's Steve's handle on here?
  • Options
    dude - yer re-approach angle is lame - try another one. This one doesn't work. Come up with sumthin new.

Are you twerking by yourself again in front of the bathroom mirror after every fake question ?

• Options

<< <i>dude - yer re-approach angle is lame - try another one. This one doesn't work. Come up with sumthin new.

Are you twerking by yourself again in front of the bathroom mirror after every fake question ? >>

Is this directed at me? If so, what are you even talking about? Are you accusing me of "fake questions"? What would be the purpose of asking "fake questions"? What would I gain? I'm new, so I know what BBCE is, but I never heard of Steve before today and certainly don't know his handle. And of course I know what the National is, but I have no idea when. How are these questions somehow not valid? So confused. Since bunt seems to speak in tongues, can somebody please translate what he's saying, or accusing me of? Am I missing something?
  • Options

<< <i>When is the national? And what's Steve's handle on here? >>

The BBCE crew share a CU account using BBCE as their handle on here.

As far as the National, you can find PSA's show schedule here.

You can also check out the National website directly here.

I'll save you the click... this year's National is July 30th - August 3rd in Cleveland.

Snorto~
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have my BBCE boxes from the 1978 and 1980 Topps baseball wax case group rips...those were the days.. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks snorto. Still trying to figure out what the F bunt was saying
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks snorto. Still trying to figure out what the F bunt was saying >>

The answer to that question may prove to be quite elusive...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The answer to that question may prove to be quite elusive... >>

+1 on not totally getting that post.

Tim, here is your updated sig and you're welcome.

Collecting 1970 - 1984 Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded early American copper coins.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Collecting 1970 - 1984 Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded early American copper coins. >>

I must admit it has a nice ring to it, LOL..

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Collecting 1970 - 1984 Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded early American copper coins. >>

I must admit it has a nice ring to it, LOL.. >>

image. Darren was only kidding, it's a joke. Ha ha.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Is Darren bunt? Or is that another stupid question I have no right to ask?
  • Options
    No, Darren is bigdcards. Guys on the board are trying to get Grote to collect 80's unopened, but I don't want the competition. I'm only joking around with him though.

Collecting:
  • Options
    Does anyone remember when we used to send the group rip payments directly to Gary and he'd ship out the packs? image

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    this thread desperately needs a translator.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    who is this Gary you refer to? And why is it bad to send him the $$ and not Steve?

Was there a problem with the one you call Gary?image
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    A buck to the first person to post a pic of Gary. image
  • Options

<< <i>A buck to the first person to post a pic of Gary. image >>

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    HA! image
  • Options

<< <i>A buck to the first person to post a pic of Gary. image >>

I don't need a buck, you can send me a card instead.
  • Options
    Now I have SpongeBob in my head yelling, GARY!!!

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>Now I have SpongeBob in my head yelling, GARY!!! >>

It's the BEST... DAY... EV-ERRRR!!!