Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay Not As Described claim

Yesterday I filed my first claim against an Ebay seller. The seller responded that they would refund the purchase price but not any of the shipping charges. My response was why should I have to take a hit for over $20 in shipping charges with nothing to show for it. Just a few minutes ago I received a refund for the purchase price and initial shipping charges and the case shows as being closed. Am I required to pay for return shipping?
Thanks, James

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    As I've always understood it, the buyer is responsible for confirmed, return shipping.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    It's messed up, but Ebay doesn't require the seller to reimburse the buyer for return shipping.

The right thing would be the seller paying the return shipping in a SNAD case. There's no reason why the buyer should be penalized for a seller's error.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. I just read on the Ebay Resolution Center page that the original shipping is refunded. I agree that I or any buyer shouldn't have to pay to return something that a seller misrepresented. Luckily I'm only out $6. I guess I can see why Ebay has this policy. If the seller had to refund shipping buyers could use the most expensive way to return the item. That still doesn't make it right.
    James
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to send back with Tracking (delivery confirmation) at the least.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭
    It's always been EBay's policy for the buyer to pay for the return shipping as far as I know.
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget to send back with Tracking (delivery confirmation) at the least. >>

and SIG confirmation if it is over $200
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't forget to send back with Tracking (delivery confirmation) at the least. >>

and SIG confirmation if it is over $200 >>

They change it? I thought it was 250?