Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CU will grade it's 50 Millionth Item on Monday or Tuesday

Less than 21K items away. Will most likely happen on Monday or Tuesday. If I had to guess, they will announce it as some rare Chinese coin.

But you never know. Anyone have any cards of note that are due for grading on Monday or Tuesday? You have to figure the item will be worth 4 or 5 figures at least and be some unique or very rare item.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, I have to agree it probably won't be a 1988 Topps Larry Hisle card.

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yep, I have to agree it probably won't be a 1988 Topps Larry Hisle card. >>

Now that would be rare, Hisle's last year in the majors was 1982 image

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offering a "no charge" for the sub and using a gold bordered encapsulation case would make for a nice gesture.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Dbcoin,
    I see how you got that figure, in general.
    So how many do you think are graded a day? How many graders are grading them a day?
    Thanks
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    This is from memory and guestimates

Coins grade about 50K coins week on avg. They work 6 days/week Dec-May. PCGS has about 25 graders give or take a few. Possibly a few more in China and France now as well.

Cards/autographs/memorabilia grade about 40K/week. Don't have enough data to determine how many days/week they work but they have been working 6 days/week the last few weeks. PSA just recently started to update their odometer on a daily basis about 40 days ago buy stopped 3 days ago. PSA has 15 graders give or take a few as well.

They are 18K items away using the odometers. If you add in the 3 days that PSA graded but stopped their odometer update, CU is less than 10K items away and will hit that tomorrow.

I expect an announcement on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Excuse my ignorance and nievety, but what is a 1986 american eagle gold bullion coin worth? I'm a card guy image I wonder if the 50 millionth item authenticated was a card, if the submitter would have gotten the value equivelant in a card. Overall nice gesture and glad PSA is doing well.

Jimmy
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭
    A 1986 AGE consists of one ounce of gold and has a little bit of a premium to the spot price. Currently, gold is around $1,330 per ounce. Since this item is a proof, it has even more of a premium. Currently, APMEX has a graded random year proof AGE for $1,433.

Certainly a nice gesture from PSA.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    That is a lot of plastic!
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if the 50 millionth item authenticated was a card, if the submitter would have gotten the value equivelant in a card. Overall nice gesture and glad PSA is doing well.

Jimmy >>

I heard they had a 1971 Topps Claude Raymond PSA 8 set aside if it were a card.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>A 1986 AGE consists of one ounce of gold and has a little bit of a premium to the spot price. Currently, gold is around $1,330 per ounce. Since this item is a proof, it has even more of a premium. Currently, APMEX has a graded random year proof AGE for $1,433.

Certainly a nice gesture from PSA. >>

Doesn't look like a Proof to me so it is worth spot + a small amount. So Maybe $1350. Splitting hairs, I know

I also think the 50Mth item actually was graded on Monday and they made this announcement yesterday at the ANA show to make a splash at the show. I could not prove that as they stopped the odometers for a few days on the PSA site
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be a 1986 Topps Jim Ganter. It'll be graded a NM-MT 8 (St). But end up on eBay, in a PWCC or Probstein auction and go for 800 times normal price. image
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I guarantee the 50,000,000 card will be a star card and not a common player. They want to make it news worthy so it will be a great card and grade.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases