Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Please DELETE!

csakerscsakers Posts: 239
edited April 25, 2018 10:53AM in PSA Set Registry Forum
I would greatly appreciate any help with identifying this card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201037338316?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have seen it in the past, but assumed it was a counterfeit version of the actual card. Then, this showed up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380802808566?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Now, it appears to possibly be simply a different version of the card. ANY ideas about what this card might be, real/fake, any information would be appreciated.

(Please note: I do not know how to include graphics, which is why I linked to the eBay auctions.)

Thanks for your time,
Chris
I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!

Comments

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
  • Thanks, but do you know any specifics regarding this card? With it being black and white, it is vastly different than the actual card from the regular set.
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!
  • Its been a while, but if I remember correctly - there was a real card - presumably the one 4 corners had graded by PSA. I believe there were also a lot of counterfeits floating around at the height of the Mattingly card craze. I do not know how to tell them apart. I presume having a real one and fake one under magnification would do it. Hope that helps.
  • Thanks for the help!

I know there is a REAL team set distributed/sponsored by Arby's restaurants. However, these are full color cards.

Now, there appears to be a version popping up with mostly black and white, but a touch of blue on the bottom. I had always figured this was a counterfeit version. However, 4SC just had one up for auction in PSA 10 grade.

The question is, would PSA truly overlook such an obvious counterfeit card. . .and award a GEM MINT grading?
  • csakerscsakers Posts: 239
    Still looking for assistance identifying this card. The regular issues are full color. This one is black and white with just a touch of blue at the bottom. Any ideas if this is truly a real card?

Thanks,
    Chris

What is this card?
  • csakerscsakers Posts: 239
    PSA graded, at least one of these versions, but gave it the same name as the other full color cards.

Help me identify this card!
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2018 11:16AM
  • PaulMaul,

Do you know anything about this card?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Please DELETE this post, as it is no longer necessary.