Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Numismaster crazy 8's sale

I got an email from numismaster yesterday advertising a book sale .

everything in the sale is priced at $8.88

If you get the total up to $49 you get free shipping . I picked out 7 for myself image

Comments

• jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang...thought this was an 8 Reales sale.image
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    For the life of me I can't remember which year it was, that the Krause standard catalogues were all screwed up. I wanna say 2013 was bad and got fixed in 2014, but it's a blur. I do know that I haven't upgraded in a couple years because of that issue. Anyone? Are the 2013s ok? or should I stick to 2014? or is 2014 bad as well?

Looks like mostly standard catalogues for sale. I've only found two items so far. Guess I won't get the free shipping image

edited to add: coupon code "shopnumismaster10" works ... kinda ... I wasn't thrilled about paying tax for this web order, but this code was supposed to save me 10% so I figured OK. Well, my subtotal was $17.76 but the coupon only saved me 89¢ ... I know I'm a musician not a math professor but I'm pretty sure that ain't 10% ... But it was only a couple dimes shy of the tax so I proceeded with my order. We'll see what condition the books are in when they arrive!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been making do with a 1978 edition of the standard catalog for years. It's a good one it goes from 1775 through 1978 but its so far out of date

I took the opportunity to grab the 1600-1700 version , the 1700-1800 version , the unusual coins edition , both general and specialized world paper money editions .

I still have a gap from 1800 to the present as they weren't in the sale.

The 2013 issue is the one that everyone hated , it's missing 4 or 5 whole countries.
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx Bronco, thats is crazy and I see all kinds of deals

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
    Definitely some great deals, and I can't wait to receive the books I ordered. I hope you guys took advantage of that discount coupon code. After all, it is 89¢ or thereabouts!

Nathan, thanks for posting and for reminding me about the 2013 issues. I remember now, that I had decided to wait for the 2014 or 2015 editions. I did seriously consider upgrading my catalogues, but when comparing my editions (mostly 2011 ed.'s) to what was included in the sale, I decided to wait. Enjoy yours! I'm sure a lot has changed since '78! image

PS: please post any striking differences between the '78 and now, I expect some interesting observations indeed!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Thanks..
    Good deals... I just updated most of my catalogs......

The 79 edition has no ASW or AGW figures . A coin listing might say .900 gold or .900 silver but there are no weights . Its not a good tool for grabbing silver or gold off ebay . It also lacks a lot of images. That is how I missed that portugal 40 reis pocket piece. It is listed but there is only a heading that says similar to C#52 with a price.

I like the 79 issue though because it covers 200 years in one book its handy.

There is another one down at an antique mall in New Bedford where I got it. I saw it at Christmas when I was doing a little shopping its been sitting there for 5 years . I should go grab it for $6 that the dealer wants , and grab all the old issues of the numismatist that were stacked next to it.
  • Thanks for the heads up. I had been looking at the unusual coins book on Amazon, this sale had it for about half price. I also grabbed the world gold coin book, a $145 hardback for 8.88 is crazy.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H.L. Mencken
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little assistance please.

The site seems to be down 6:00 PST Saturday night.
    Is the sale over?

Also, do I have to have a Numismaster login to take advantage of the specials?

I got this

We apologize for any inconvenience as we are performing upgrades and maintenance to our eCommerce stores. The sites will be unavailable between 12:00 AM and 5:00 AM EST on Thursday, February 20th.

<< <i>I like the 79 issue though because it covers 200 years in one book its handy. >>

Yes! I have a 1990 edition which covers 1801-1989. So awesome! It was my favorite for many years. I was very disappointed when they stopped publishing that format, but we are at the mercy of Chester and Cliff … or their progeny? I met Chester Krause at a convention once. Some kind of breakfast banquet. He was an incredibly nice guy. He told me all about starting his company on his kitchen table - literally! Very inspiring. Of course the business has changed a lot since then.

<< <i>… I also grabbed the world gold coin book, a $145 hardback for 8.88 is crazy. >>

12voltman, that is one of the two books I ended up ordering. Such a deal - just crazy!

Was anyone able to get a full 10% discount using the code I posted? After reviewing my numbers again, it looks like I got 10% off one item (x $8.88 = 89¢) instead of the entire order. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the note. Got the unusual and one other (uh, I forgot) as well as the 89 cents off - LOL....
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

It's still going on. Does anyone own this book currently? I didn't buy it but I wonder if I should have I might put in a small order

coin dating guide eastern world
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got it. Thanks.

2 nice additions to my library plus an update CD.

Standard Catalog of World Coins 1801-1900, 7th Edition CD
    Standard Catalog of World Coins 1701-1800, 5th Edition
    Standard Catalog of World Coins 1601-1700 Book+CD

$33.19 shipped with $1.78 discount.

edit to say ordered Sunday - arrived Friday.
    Sweet.
  • Thanks for this posting. Ordered the world paper money yesterday. For 8.88 how can you go wrong?
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭
    Baffles me that they can make any profit off of this, but I'm grateful to upgrade my Krause catalogs so inexpensively. Free shipping and 10% off on those drastically low prices makes me feel a little predatory....
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson

<< <i>… Does anyone own this book currently? I didn't buy it but wonder if I should have. I might put in a small order
    coin dating guide eastern world >>

That is the other of the two books which I ordered! image

Great minds think alike! image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

My books arrived already image I have enough to keep me occupied for weeks
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine also arrived today. Three days after I ordered them.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Books arrived today
    1600-1700
    1701-1800
    1801-1900
    1901-2000
    2001-
    Unusual coins
    world currency general
    world currency specialized

out of stock on
    world currency modern
    us currency

called them today and ordered new us currency for 19.20 &
    Previous years world currency modern for 8.88

+ 10% discount & free shipping
  • BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    Bummer. Looks like I missed it. image
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
    Mine haven't come yet image

Got an email this afternoon saying they have shipped … placed my order the same day as Nathan … weird image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    So they didn't show up on mobile but I can add them to my cart on my laptop.

Everything is showing up as the sale price and not $8.88 even though the banner at the top says all items are $8.88. Ideas?
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • might be problems with the site....
    when I placed my order... every item said "only 39 left" ...
    still does.... even the 2 that were out of stock

The $8.88 sale ended last sunday. So You shouldn't see that as a price for anything. They blow things out periodically though. I get an email every few days from them about something. That happened to be one of the better sales.
  • My order arrived today. They doubled my order and the World Gold book wasn't there. " out of stock and will not ship" . Luckily they sent me two copies of the Unusual World coins so I'm sure I was charged twice. All in all, not a positive experience.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H.L. Mencken

• << <i>Books arrived today
    1600-1700
    1701-1800
    1801-1900
    1901-2000
    2001-
    Unusual coins
    world currency general
    world currency specialized

out of stock on
    world currency modern
    us currency

called them today and ordered new us currency for 19.20 &
    Previous years world currency modern for 8.88

+ 10% discount & free shipping >>

just received email notice that the additional 2 books have shipped...

<< <i>My order arrived today. They doubled my order and the World Gold book wasn't there. " out of stock and will not ship" . Luckily they sent me two copies of the Unusual World coins so I'm sure I was charged twice. All in all, not a positive experience. >>

12voltman, this happened to me, too. Sort of. I only ordered two books. World Gold was one of them. The other book I ordered arrived yesterday (late) and the packing slip said "package 1 of 1" and showed both books on the slip even though only one was inside. There was a column for books ordered and books shipped. It showed both books as having been ordered, and under shipped, the World Gold book had a zero ... so I read to mean that it has still not been shipped. It didn't specifically say "will not ship" or "out of stock" like yours, and they didn't double anything, but I'm pretty upset. I paid tax on it. And shipping. And frankly if I knew it wasn't going to arrive I wouldn't have ordered anything at all.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    My paper money book arrived-no shipping cost-great book-$85 book for $8.88image
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you collect Spain, don't get the 2013 Krause 20th C. catalogue.. Spain doesn't exist according to them.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don