Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Elizabeth II Coronation

I had been looking for a distinctive medal commemorating the coronation of Elizabeth II. All of which I had found were very mundane, to say the least, until I came across this one struck in France.

imageimage

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice medal! I am not a medal collector and to this date, have none, but I do enjoy seeing the posts about them. I believe I have a book on the coronation somewhere-I will have to search for it sometime.

QEII has been around a long time-almost my entire life as queen. I was less then 2 years old when the coronation took place. I believe that sometime around Sept 9. 2015, she will become the longest reigning British monarch. I hope she is around for a long time yet, who wants to see prince Charles on a coin? He could be well into his 70's when he takes the throne, if at all.

Bob
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice portrait of a very young Queen Elizabeth. VIVAT REGINA!
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    More true to life than the bust used on her coins I think.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, that's one I haven't seen before.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very beautiful medal.

I'd like to find a medal to commemorate that day myself.
    I remember watching the coronation with my grandmother who was spending June 2, my birthday, at our home.

Years later I read that Elizabeth's coronation was one of the first 'same day' events broadcast from that side of the Atlantic to America.
    The video was shot and immediately flown over for broadcast by a network in New York.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From France huh.......Cool

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Agree with all the comments / compliments.

<< <i>… who wants to see prince Charles on a coin? He could be well into his 70's when he takes the throne, if at all. >>

Bob, I suspect if/when it happens we'll see a boom in coin collecting (especially NCLT). And if his reign is especially short, it could be a valuable crown. Who knows.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE