Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Need Help Locating Syrian Coins

Can anyone help me find the following Syrian Arab Republic Coins in uncirculated:

25 Piastres 1972
50 Piastres 1972
1 Pound 1972

I've reached out to several dealers in Europe and the Middle East but striking out.

Thanks for any help leads
BRANDYWINE KRAUSE COIN OF THE YEAR REGISTRY SET

My ebay items

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will be surprised to find out just how tough a lot of coins like this are. Most of these were
    worn to around VF condition and then used as chill scrap or alloy in the production of stainless steel
    in all probability. These don't appear in mint sets which will make it that more difficult.

I can recall seeing a few circs in poundage but I don't believe I've come across any Uncs.

It might get easier when hostilities end but in many cases the coins just weren't saved.

Good luck.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised the 1 P is difficult since it's a commem.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I found a dealer with (6) of the 1 pound coins in Lebanon the other day via delcampe. I asked him about the other coins and he said they will be tough to find.

The search continues.....

My ebay items
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this one considered tough to find?

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    My Krause doesn't make any distinction in value between the '72 and '74, and lists no mintages. But it does show the '72 design commemorated the Al-Ba'ath Party's 25th anniversary. I would guess the circulated population was higher for that year, making it harder to find in UNC. But the '74 probably had a lower mintage and/or less circulation making it less common but more easily found in UNC.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    I found all the coins I was looking for from a dealer in Lebanon who sourced them from a dealer in Syria.

Will post pictures when they arrive.

My ebay items