Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
Options

Some vintage Star Trek and Hollywood etc. LUGOSI

Hello image

I have some vintage Star Trek material on offer - a few glossy color promotional photograph from C. 1969, many 7x9 lithos from 1976 and a strong signed copy of De Kelley's famous The Dream Goes On. Quite scarce material. Hollywood - a complete 1944 Lifeboat set (and all signed at the time of the film), an original still from Invasion of the Body Snatchers (yes, you read right), vintage album signatures, stills, signed stills...some Richard Burton poster and early lobby cards...and...

And 7 reels of 35MM film, the master, of Bela Lugosi's 1953 "masterpiece" Glen or Glenda, by Edward D. Wood Jr. If you saw the movie Ed Wood with Johnny Depp. this producer was a character you will not forget ("I wish I hadn't sunk every penny I had into making this stink bomb, and if I ever see ya again, I'll KILL YA!"). He moved to the east coast by 1970 and papers from a cleaning and transfer to plastic spool show him to be the owner. Maybe Ed sold him this copy for a $1 image RR Auction LOA...Original tins from Pathe and DuPont 52 film stock...I have screened it at DuArt for a certain scary actors son and it is AMAZING. Better and more image (A lot more - uncropped) than any other print out there. Public Domain film as well. I have the soundtracks too. Remember..."Pull the stringk!" image

Magikbilly@yahoo.com

Best wishes,
Eric

Comments

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Some cool stuff indeed. A complete 1944 Lifeboat set? Where do you store all this stuff? I mean, mine fits in a safety deposit box.

The Trek items drew me to the thread, but the Bela Lugosi film reels are what I keep going back to. I'm tempted to ask what something like that is worth, but I must be upfront and honest that I'm not a buyer.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>Some cool stuff indeed. A complete 1944 Lifeboat set? Where do you store all this stuff? I mean, mine fits in a safety deposit box.

The Trek items drew me to the thread, but the Bela Lugosi film reels are what I keep going back to. I'm tempted to ask what something like that is worth, but I must be upfront and honest that I'm not a buyer. >>

Hello,

Lugosi - killer item, not as much as you'd think. I just want to get it into cold storage. And one needs a 35MM projector image
    Lifeboat is an awesome set. Trek stuff also - good stuff at good prices is my model and motto.

Best and thanks,
    Eric
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Cold storage? like a refrigerator, or a freezer? would a typical kitchen freezer work or does it have to be commercial grade? I'm guessing this is to prevent the film itself from deteriorating / de-magnetaizing …

PM sent re: Trek
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Hello image

Well, that would be ideal storage. Cold or cool and controlled humidity is all that is really needed to keep the film pliable and prevent degradation - obviously, they have made it this far with less until I got them. They are a sterling Lugosi collectible - not the kind of thing to generate "Oh yes, I have one of those..." - this is quite unique, and with the names involved quite the Hollywood item. I have an LOA from RR Auctions as well which is quite detailed, and some still taken directly from the film with a film scanner to show the awesome clarity and quality.

Eric

Will send Trek scans shortly. image