Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Wow..........For Sale Threads

This forum has gone from a "discussing registry coins" and "registries" to nothing more than "Craigslist" for selling PCGS Registry coins.

It's no wonder folks don't come by anymore.
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This forum has gone from a "discussing registry coins" and "registries" to nothing more than "Craigslist" for selling PCGS Registry coins.

It's no wonder folks don't come by anymore. >>

I apologize if my post was not in keeping with the spirit of this particular board.

I did, however, believe this board was a combination of forum discussion and top coin acquisition. Thinking that alerting registry competitors of key coins was part of it. But I defer to the veterans and don't mind removing my post with my tail between my legs.
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen registry caliber coins listed on this forum for sale ever since I joined in early 2010. This is nothing new. The difference between four years ago and now....fewer folks coming here now so maybe the FS threads stand out a little more to you? So now, we have a couple of active FS threads, this whine thread and many other good registry threads that you do not seem to be participating in as I checked the last month+ worth of posts. So...you don't have anything good to add to any of the good registry threads that already exist, you don't add any of your own registry threads and you just come in here to whine about something that has been happening forever?

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when this forum was as active (if not more) than the US Forum. I surely miss those days, and I only look over here occasionally. It is too bad that people lost interest over here, and it has become what it have become...

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    What would we talk about on this forum?

Maybe people don't care to sift through the BST threads (where anything numismatic is fair game) in search of registry set-caliber coins. I don't see a problem advertising such coins here - it gets to the point!

P.S. I do like discussing registry set-quality C-N Ikes!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This forum has always allowed the sale of Registry Set coins and Trades. This past week I sold 2 coins for the first time in years from my ad here not the BST. Alot of registry folks still come here and yes I wish it was like the old days. I have suffered a severe case of burnout and thinking of selling off all my sets. Why..... Because things have changed. I can remember posting grades and getting 20 to 30 responses, now unless you put alien in the title you get 5 responses. The true collectors and folks that are building registry sets do not post like they used too. Lee when is the last time that you added a coin to your Washington Set? I guess this is part of getting older..................Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember when this forum was as active (if not more) than the US Forum. I surely miss those days, and I only look over here occasionally. It is too bad that people lost interest over here, and it has become what it have become... >>

I agree...I used to spend more time here than in the generic U.S. coin forum. Much more interesting here for me... As I am interested in building sets of various kinds.

It would be great to have more people here discussing things that can help, cultivate ideas, or provide guidance/advice.

For example, I should would love some help finding an 1869 3CS in something around AU53-MS63 range...it would be great if fellow registry set peeps can keep a lookout for me, or if I can get some help from people grading shield nickels...as all that I see in PCGS holders in collector grades (AU55-MS65) have die cracks/and good deal of die polish, yet when I submit the same coins they keep coming back cleaned? Sure would like to understand the difference cause clearly I ain't getting "it" in shield nickels.

Anyhow, would be great to continue to post relevant posts here instead in the US coin forum which could hopefully attract some visitors...
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I admit I use to come on the registry Forum several times daily. Since I sold off many of my coins I sort of withdrew for a few years. Coming here maybe four times a year has been my habit of lately. I'm thinking of selling off some more from my old sets. And will likely use the money to start collecting coins from specific mints.
    Dan
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I remember when this forum was as active (if not more) than the US Forum. I surely miss those days, and I only look over here occasionally. It is too bad that people lost interest over here, and it has become what it have become... >>

I agree...I used to spend more time here than in the generic U.S. coin forum. Much more interesting here for me... As I am interested in building sets of various kinds.

It would be great to have more people here discussing things that can help, cultivate ideas, or provide guidance/advice.

For example, I should would love some help finding an 1869 3CS in something around AU53-MS63 range...it would be great if fellow registry set peeps can keep a lookout for me, or if I can get some help from people grading shield nickels...as all that I see in PCGS holders in collector grades (AU55-MS65) have die cracks/and good deal of die polish, yet when I submit the same coins they keep coming back cleaned? Sure would like to understand the difference cause clearly I ain't getting "it" in shield nickels.

Anyhow, would be great to continue to post relevant posts here instead in the US coin forum which could hopefully attract some visitors... >>

It was mostly Mercury Dime and Lincoln Cent people, and the Mercury Dime Collectors were know as Mercateers.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Not so long ago this was the forum you came to to try and find registry grade coins. They've always been sold here.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we're talking, almost like the old days image How about a coin not for sale...... It was in a MS65 holder and recently upgraded to a nice MS66 image

Edited to add: Forget about those fishing lures - the bigger the coin, well you know the rest image
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Dang Cointime. It's looks like it's still a grade shy of where it should be. Nice Ike.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure in another decade the market grades will have risen again and it'll be awarded 67.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE