Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1948D in MS67+ FB on ebay

Hey guys,
I consigned this 1948D Roosie in PCGS67+FB to Kryptonitecomics if anyone has some interest. Thank you for looking.

1948D Roosie in PCGS67+FB
I'd like my copper well done please!

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

I saw it this morning. I'm high bidder
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick thinks these dimes are only going to go down, so I better outbid him so he does not pay too much image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Mitch, You did out bid me. Well I just up my bid. I' high bid again....image
  • Options
    Be careful, if you bid too high, you will need to edit your post below discussing how the coins are heading nowhere but down! image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I believe they will all be below current PCGS Price guide numbers 2 years from now. I'm willing to bid this one up to at
    least 65% of PCGS price guide.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm willing to bid this one up to at least 65% of PCGS price guide. >>

Let the run-up begin...image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick,

Congrats on your 2500 post.

So what is your give-a-way??? imageimage

Again Congrats!!!

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for your interest AND bidding activity! Y'all are helping me convert funds to my Lincoln collection image
  • Options

Jaime,

I won that coin. Since I already have this date in 67+FB I'm done bidding. Good luck to all the other bidders.
  • Options
    Nick,
    I'm curious what you acquired you're 48D for? If you don't want to share publicly would you let me know by PM? And what was the color like??
  • Options
    PM Sent with all the details
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I'm having trouble seeing the rainbow toning. I've been gone for a while, and had both eyes operated on since then. Maybe I need to get a new appointment set up. image
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>I'm having trouble seeing the rainbow toning. I've been gone for a while, and had both eyes operated on since then. Maybe I need to get a new appointment set up. image >>

Squint, really really tight! image

In all seriousness this is not a big rainbow piece and I think Shane had the description in a template. Technically, you could argue there are some areas of dark rainbow color as is usually hard not to find on a mint set piece.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with the grade. It's original, looks to have a strong strike and very clean. The color isn't out of this world
    but I like it. I like the overall original look. If I didn't already have a nice one I'd be a strong bidder for this coin.
  • Options
    Looks like only Nick and myself bid over $68 for the coin. I won at $415 and was comfortable bidding that amount, especially with the sight-seen nature of the auction. I hope the coin is a solid 67+FB so I can keep it. I am building once again a "top 5" collection of these silver mint state Roosies. I think it is a wonderful set especially at these price levels. The counterpart silver quarter of this date in the same grade is roughly a $7,500 coin (and a great pop top coin for which I own one of the two coins). I like also having the dime in the same grade at under $500. Thanks coppercolor for posting it here for sale. Wondercoin.
  • Options
    Congrats Mitch, I think you got a nice coin for a ridiculously low price. So was I so wrong about which price direction these are headed.
    I just posted on the other Roosie thread about this coin and the rosy future for Roosies....Or not so rosy.

Nick
  • Options
    Nick. "Ridiculous" as in I paid too much? Wondercoin.
  • Options

As in you got it for a great price, Bargain, it went to cheep.
  • Options
    Coin came in this afternoon. Solid for the grade as Nick predicted. Thanks to kryptonite and coppercolor for an honest and well run auction. Wondercoin.