Home Autographs Forum

Anyone for some philograpy

I have started, ended, hiatused several different PCs over time. Thought I'd post some here now and then...see how this goes.

Comments

• epruyneepruyne Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Since there is obviously a significant sports interest here, figured I would start with my limited sports autos. I am a Patriots fan, so this PC is Patriots team HOFers and other favorites. I'll start with a random five.

Mike Vrabel

Willie McGinest

Vince Wilfork

Troy Brown

Vincent Brown

Andre Tippett

Chris Slade

Ted Johnson

Steve Nelson

Bill Belichick - Robert Kraft - Jonathan Kraft

Mosi Tatupu

Sam Cunningham

Nick Buoniconti

Stanley Morgan

Matt Light

Jon Morris

Bruce Armstrong

Ben Coates

Steve Grogan

Ty Law

Gino Cappelletti

Kevin Faulk

Babe Parilli

Adam Vinatieri
  • Hi image

That was fun, especially as I am named Eric image I also sell & collect too - vintage TV and Golden Hollywood, Hiroshima/Titanic survivors and a couple of Cunard captains like John Pritchard.

Thanks!
    Eric
  • Eric,

Have you posted any on here...some interesting collections!

• A few other sports guys...

The Ryans

I was a huge Barry Sanders fan at OSU and followed him to the Lions...unfortunately I was a Lions for for many years...Herman Moore and Spielman were two of my other favorites

Chris Spielman
  • epruyneepruyne Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Let's invite some ladies to this sausage party!

Gracie Carvalho

Behati Prinsloo

Alessandra Ambrosio

Brigitte Bardot

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I was 20 and in love when the original Airport movie came out in 1970

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Yes, Ms. Bisset is absolutely invited!
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I think it's funny that Johnson and Belichick wrote "3x sb champ!" and the years of championship, respectively, under their sigs. Is that common in sports sigs? It just seems tacky IMO. What do you professional sig collectors think about it?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• << <i>I think it's funny that Johnson and Belichick wrote "3x sb champ!" and the years of championship, respectively, under their sigs. Is that common in sports sigs? It just seems tacky IMO. What do you professional sig collectors think about it? >>

I'm no sports guy but I can't see how that would hurt. The more writing the merrier as long as it in interesting or relevant.

Eric
    Oh, no I certainly don't think it detracts from the value of the sig at all. It probably adds value, because it tells people like me (who don't have their stats memorized) how accomplished they are/were. But from the signor's perspective … isn't it a bit like referring to yourself in the third person? We all know who they are, or else we wouldn't have asked for their autograph! Imagine if you were introduced to Sean Penn and the first thing he said was, "Hi, I'm Sean Penn, academy award winning actor!" LOL tacky right?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• << <i>Oh, no I certainly don't think it detracts from the value of the sig at all. It probably adds value, because it tells people like me (who don't have their stats memorized) how accomplished they are/were. But from the signor's perspective … isn't it a bit like referring to yourself in the third person? We all know who they are, or else we wouldn't have asked for their autograph! Imagine if you were introduced to Sean Penn and the first thing he said was, "Hi, I'm Sean Penn, academy award winning actor!" LOL tacky right? >>

Yes, but in the context...and those are sports images. It's not like he signed a wedding guestbook like this. I see your point, but it is a brief statement of accomplishment. While in no way correlative in terms of accomplishment, it is a little like seeing a Winslow Homer signature with the easel sketched in, or any number of little things seen with some autographs. It must be equally ridiculous to get say Gleason to sign "Ralph Kramden" under his name. We all know Ralph did not sign it, and we all know Jackie is/was Ralph. But, it still shows up. I prefer things with dedications and inscriptions when I can get them.

Eric
    Alright, you have swayed my opinion. You make a valid point. And I agree, personalized autographs are much cooler to receive - and more fun to give. I have actually had mine requested over the years (after concert performances) and I have always personalized them. And these are sports settings / sports cards so it does make sense.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• << <i>Alright, you have swayed my opinion. You make a valid point. And I agree, personalized autographs are much cooler to receive - and more fun to give. I have actually had mine requested over the years (after concert performances) and I have always personalized them. And these are sports settings / sports cards so it does make sense. >>

Me too - on the books and catalogs I have worked on or illustrated. When I was signing copies of the World's Fair architectural text I illustrated for the NBM, my signature incorporated a Trylon and Perisphere. What instrument do you play? I mess about with a guitar when I have time.

Eric image
    Guitar is for what I am most often hired, but I also do piano/organ. Piano was actually my first instrument. I also play some peripheral instruments like ukulele (basically small guitar), mandolin (another fretted instrument), accordion (sideways piano)... And growing up with the band program at school I played trombone (5th grade through college). I still play trombone, and trumpet, though very infrequently. The last t-bone gig I had was playing with this Rolling Stones cover band for nine months of 2013. I was the horn section leader, which included arranging all the charts.

I've met some fun celeb rockers. I used to play the Hard Rock in Biloxi a lot, and one time Rob Thomas was cross the street at the Isle of Palms. We hung out in his dressing room before the show for about a half hour. He's much more genuine then I expected. Another time I was playing a festival and opened for Jeff Carlisi (.38 Special) and Jim Peterik (Survivor; wrote the hit songs "Vehicle," "Eye of the Tiger" and "Hold On Loosely"). Jim complimented my guitar playing and songwriting and had someone invite me into his tent afterwards to check out his custom guitar, which had broken mirror pieces inlaid all over it.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• << <i>...into his tent afterwards to check out his custom guitar, which had broken mirror pieces inlaid all over it. >>

Sounds like he saw Sid Barret's Telecaster! image

Eric