Home Sports Talk
Options

no one is interested so I will delete this one

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
Super bowl over it's time to get on with baseball.

Red Sox poised to have a great year.

What say you?

Are you on the bandwagon early?

I am!

Go Red Sox !

Comments

• Options
    My only observation is that Red Sox nation is a lot more familiar with the team at the beginning of this year then
    they were last year. No one really knew this team at the beginning of last year.

Interesting how the front office likes the chemistry of this group and really didn't add too many new pieces to the puzzle.
    Let a few slip away.

My guess is that the Sox finish ahead of the Yankees. Isn't that all that matters ?
  • Options
    I believe that they have made wise choices so far and hope they stay with the kids at short and center field as they will be the lifeblood of this years team. Let Drew go where ever. They should also observe how some of the young corp of pitchers are progressing and let Peavy and Dempster go to other teams. Give Middlebrooks a chance to redeem his power if possible . They are set at catcher for this year and with that kid from Rio Rancho, NM in the wings possible as early as 2015.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man Im still enjoying their World Series win! image
  • Options
    The trucks on the way and the quite a few of the players are there already getting warmed up.

My heart is there with them.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Give Middlebrooks a chance to redeem his power if possible >>>

This idea that Middlebrooks somehow "lost his power" is ridiculous...I've heard others say it too. Sure, he didn't hit for power in the playoffs, but outside of Ortiz, who really did? He came back up from the minors in August and hit 8 HRs in 40 games down the stretch....a 32 HR pace...which, by the way, is his 162-game average over the parts of two seasons he has played. He was benched in the World Series because Xander had an OPS of 1.600 through the first two rounds, and they didn't want to lose Drew's defense. Middlebrooks will be fine....if given the chance to play 150 games, he'll hit between 25-30 HRs.

I'm sort of stuck in between on Drew...I think he's a valuable commodity and doesn't get nearly enough credit for the player he is, but I'd rather see the Bogaerts/Middlebrooks combination at SS/3B.
  • Options
    That is my feeling too and it is time for the Drew family to move on to greener pastures. Let a New York team have him.
  • Options
    Dempster decides not to play for the Sox this year because he can not play up to his abilities.

I'm sure glad he realized it and walked away from $12.5 million.

I just hope the Sox don't decide to give that money ti Drew now.

Let Boggarts play and see what he can do and it will also give Middlebrooks a chance.

Red Sox are deep in pitching.
  • Options
    I remember those days!

Temp is in the 70's the last few days here in Albuquerque.

Don't miss the driving back there or the SNOW !
  • Options
    Is there no interest in baseball this year?

Spring training games on tv start in one week.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Lots of interest in baseball this year, but not that easy when you're still knee deep in snow.
  • Options
    OOPS, sorry about that!
  • Options
    Although I was born & raised in PA - folks are from Haverhill - so I guess I got a little bit of the Sawx in my blood - we haven't have any snow out here in WA - but I feel for you back east. I was a trucker for a long time - so I know that feeling all too well...........all the best to you when that starts to melt. Stay warm, dry & be safe. Spring training is here - along with March madness soon - so you know spring is coming soon.
    Mike
  • Options
    BTW - I will be playing 18 holes (or more) of golf tomorrow - it's gonna be close to 60 degrees here tomorrow.

GO SOX!!!
  • Options
    Games on TV today in about 1/2 hour. Lets see how Doubront looks today.
  • Options
    Doubront had a great 2 innings of work.

I think this is going to be a breakout year for him and a couple of other pitchers.

Time for Peavy to help some other team.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Hope the MLB tightens the games up to under 180 minutes.