Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If you could really "say" @ eBay what you wanted …

Comments

• Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    Stop defaulting the search to Best Match, you have no idea what I'm looking for image
  • Options

<< <i>Stop defaulting the search to Best Match, you have no idea what I'm looking for image >>

Yes! This is a great suggestion for ebay.
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit changing my view from list to gallery!
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow me the option of not accepting a credit card payment by a buyer via paypal or give me 100% seller protection for credit card chargebacks.

Note: paypal will help a seller fight a CC chargeback but will not cover a loss if the chargeback is awarded by the CC to the CC holder. This is the singlemost threat to seller protection that a paypal account holder faces.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link as I gave them a piece of my mind image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do not care for "best match" now-just try looking at your fs items from an IPN #
    not connected to you. You might be very suprised. Google Cassini algorithm.

The latest hit I took is called dsr extortion. Charge for shipping? Ebay will not remove a low dsr on s/h.
    Unless you refund all the purchase price but then the buyer has no obligation to send the item back.

Get a One on dsr s/h and look at your ranking on best match from a diff computer as buyers see you. Now that should open your eyes as to whether "ebay is your business partner"
    Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>If you do not care for "best match" now-just try looking at your fs items from an IPN #
    not connected to you. You might be very suprised. Google Cassini algorithm.

The latest hit I took is called dsr extortion. Charge for shipping? Ebay will not remove a low dsr on s/h.
    Unless you refund all the purchase price but then the buyer has no obligation to send the item back.

Get a One on dsr s/h and look at your ranking on best match from a diff computer as buyers see you. Now that should open your eyes as to whether "ebay is your business partner" >>

I offer free shipping and just build the cost into my buy it now price. I'm satisfied with my business partner, they serve their purpose.

• Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    the only thing that would get them interested in listening to the seller is if we all closed our accounts
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derryb,

I sell far diff type of items than you that do not lend themselves to "free" shipping sometimes. Furthermore, certain buyers have learned wicked little tricks regarding dsr extortion from googling "free ebay items" and perusing chatrooms from disgruntled sellers contributions. Frankly, whether you give free shipping or not-one is susceptible to dsr extortion. If a buyer leaves a 1 or a 2 the right way-the only way to get rid of it is a complete refund and kiss your merchandise goodbyeeeeee.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I quit ebay some years ago, I will not comment. However, the reason I quit appears to be as valid today (or even more so) than at the time..... too many fakes and ripoffs..just peruse this forum - and it is similar in other fields. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    let me search for misspelled stuff.

Eric
  • Options

<< <i>let me search for misspelled stuff.

Eric >>

Find Misspelled eBay Items and Auctions

• Options
    thanks image

Eric
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: go back to the mouse over picture on the search function (don't have to open the auction)
    2: get rid of the pop up that shows how many are viewing (like I care?) it just slows searching
    3: yes, I agree, Best Match is a waste and first thing I do is change it (slows my searching again)

Everytime Ebay slows down the search process they lose money. I have a finite amount of time to
    use on Ebay searches and I cannot get all my searches done, as I used to. I'm sure I miss coins
    that just don't get seen due to the slowdown.

How do I know? Well, seeing them on the forum is how. How did I miss that one? Oh yeah, I did
    not have the time to finish my search today.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Dump the Ebay bucks and lower the seller fees accordingly.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Bring back the little guy.
  • Options

<< <i>However, the reason I quit appears to be as valid today (or even more so) than at the time..... too many fakes and ripoffs..just peruse this forum - and it is similar in other fields. >>

If everybody who was happy with their eBay purchase posted here about it, threads would scroll off the first page so fast you'd rarely see the complaints.
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Stop the 10 minute delay of showing listings from a non-Ebay store seller. Bothers me that the stores get the priority (I'm actually paying more fees altogether) and my listings

sometimes don't even show on the first page by the time it does show up. I want my listings to show up immediately when posted so people scrolling for new listings don't miss mine

because they're only scrolling the first page.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dump the Ebay bucks and lower the seller fees accordingly. >>

I love ebay bucks. Buy a bunch of stuff for wholesale to resell, then use ebay bucks to buy a coin for my personal collection.
  • Options
    Reducing no store seller fees is what I would ask. As for those that are constantly having problems maybe ebay could offer a review service to help those people change what ever it is they are doing to cause the problems.
  • Options

<< <i>Dump the Ebay bucks and lower the seller fees accordingly. >>

. . . and make the seller pass the savings on to me. image

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    … if you're going to own the bank, why not bring back the money market fund to Pay Pal ?
  • Options
    Why( is it necessary ), when the Post Office raises the cost of one ounce postage by 3 cents, is there a need for eBay shipping to charge an additional $.30 instead of the passed on expense ? This, particularly in light of the fact that a seller is being charged 10% on his "shipping charges" , as if some of us sellers are trying to "make money" on shipping. image

Or paraphrased: " who's going to read this, or care ? "
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about wildcard searches ie Miss* etc. ?
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the link as I gave them a piece of my mind image >>

Careful, you may not have much left.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    "Did you know you have lots of secret admirers on the CU forum? They can't seem to stop talking about you." image
    I like large size currency and silver dollars.
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit using India for customer service calls.
  • Options

<< <i>How about wildcard searches ie Miss* etc. ? >>

This tool at Watchcount has a few quirks, but it does indeed (usually) re-enable wildcard searching on eBay.

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sick of you you greedy SOB I wish you and your f'ing PayPal never existed. I hate you
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the only thing that would get them interested in listening to the seller is if we all closed our accounts >>

+1 They are too big to care.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    quit re-engineering everything on ebay where everyone has to go figure it out every time they visit ebay.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    1) Don't hide listings. When I purchase a listing, I expect everyone in the United States can see it, not who eBay deems is worthy. I call this the fascism capitalism model. It is illegal, and ebay shouldn't be doing it.

2) Drop the shipping time DSR, and stop blaming sellers for Post Office delays. Frankly, this one is so stupid it must be intentional.

3) Let sellers leave "Bad Buyer" feedback from those that harmed them. Let sellers then choose to only accept bids from buyers with X % (fill in the blank) of Bad Buyer feedbacks in the last 3 months;
    ie. add a "buyer" evaluation.

4) Shorten the evaluation time for sellers to 3 months. It is ridiculous to punish for an entire year over a couple bad DSR scores.

• Options
    Vbowling299Vbowling299 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭
    Allow Ebay bucks to last for the entire following quarter that they were earned in instead of one month...I found not a thing to buy where the bucks even made it worthwhile
    but if I had some more time I would have spent them and then spent a lot more on top.
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revert to the system you had about 7 years ago. It was much better then then. Get rid of private feedback-What good is it?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the leadership at eBay is aware of this thread and is taking note of the many good ideas and suggestion here.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    If the feedback system is not broken, then how come I went 98 for 100 receiving feedback for 10+ years….but in the past year with over 1470 transactions only 1173 used the feedback to say "thanks" , or "it was okay", or "Fair enough , but i like my money more than the coin"…. But instead , hundreds don't even respond with anything, anymore. (don't get me wrong, I don't really care, so long as they're okay with the items)
    But why is it like this ?

Because ? Because it is not fair for buyer or seller now. He can't say what a jerk I am, and I can't say how unfair I think he was. image That's not a fair business practice.
  • Options
    CoinflipCoinflip Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    Why when I click on a listing am I NOW referred to other listings and I have to click " see full description" just to see what I really wanted to see in the first place?????
    Might as well throw in popups, watch this clip like I am on youtube OR some other hocus pocus so I am mindwarped and not even sure what I was looking for in the first place.
    SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why when I click on a listing am I NOW referred to other listings and I have to click " see full description" just to see what I really wanted to see in the first place?????
    Might as well throw in popups, watch this clip like I am on youtube OR some other hocus pocus so I am mindwarped and not even sure what I was looking for in the first place. >>

Please don't give them any ideas, they might use them.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file