Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Stars on the big and small screen...

Watching the Seinfeld episode with Keith Hernandez and was thinking about other stars that have been in the movies or on a TV show. Anyone have a favorite movie or show that had a star ball player in it?

Comments

• Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I remember the simpsons had a bunch of baseball stars on during the 90's.

Brett Favre was on something about Mary.
    "what the hell is Brett Favre doing here? Were playing the dolphins ya dumbass!!
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Brady Bunch had Joe Namath, Deacon Jones, Don Drysdale and Wes Parker.
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    I loved the Naked Gun movies, which all had OJ in them. The Police Academy movies were funny too and all had Bubba Smith.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Fantasy Island

Fred Lynn
    Steve Garvey
    Ellis Valentine
    George Brett
    Ken Brett
  • Options
    RudedawgRudedawg Posts: 345 ✭✭

<< <i>I remember the simpsons had a bunch of baseball stars on during the 90's.

<< <i>

Great call, BEST..........SIMPSONS............EVER

Clemens
    Mattingly
    Steve Sax
    Ozzie Smith
    Boggs
    Scioscia
    Canseco
    Griffey Jr.
    Strawberry

In the director/producer commentary, they said all the guys were pretty easy to get along with.............except Canseco image
    Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
    1952 Topps
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Mr. Ed... Perhaps one of the classics. Koufax gets lit up by Mr. Ed!
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    I just saw an episode of Emergency!
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar played a man stuck in a car after an accident .
    They couldn't fit him in the ambulance

Doug
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched my Wonder Woman DVDs recently, and a couple of episodes had the following guys in them:

Dick Butkus
    Lawrence McCutcheon
    Tim Rossovich
    Deacon Jones
    Roman Gabriel
    Bubba Smith

I've gotta say, it was funny watching Butkus and Jones get "owned" by Lynda Carter image (and yes, she could "own" me anytime and anywhere she wanted image )

The following were in an episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century:

Elgin Baylor
    Anthony Davis
    Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson
    Carlos Palomino
    Jerry Quarry

James Worthy was in an episode of Star Trek: the Next Generation

Steve
  • Options
    Frank Thomas was on Married with Children.
  • Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Frank Thomas was on Married with Children. >>

That episode had Joe Morgan, Ernie Banks, Mike Piazza, Joe Namath, Brett Saberhagan amongst others. They had another episode with Steve Carlton, Sugar Ray Leonard and Ed Too Tall Jones.

Joe Klecko in Smoky and the Bandit

César Cedeño, Enos Cabell, Ken Forsch, Bob Watson and J.R. Richard in The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training. Let them Play!!

Wes Parker on the Brady Bunch

The Simpsons had an episode with with Ken Griffey Jr, Roger Clemens (he was cackling like a chicken), Wade Boggs, Mike Scioscia, Darryl Strawberry and Don Mattingly (shave those sideburns!!)

Also the Simpsons Drederick Tatum was a spoof of Mike Tyson obviously. They also had a Don King parallel character named Lucius Sweet

Roger McDowell was in the "Nice Game Pretty Boy"/Magic loogie Seinfeld episode as well
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Airplane with Kareem was a great movie
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Kevin McHale and Wade Boggs were on Cheers. The episode with Boggs was the one where they stole his pants. :-)
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I've always loved Joe Klecko in the Smokey and the Bandit movies, as well as Terry Bradshaw and Mean Joe Greene in Smokey II.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Namath on Brady Bunch was classic image
  • Options
    oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Chase Utley and Ryan Howard on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Joe Namath on Brady Bunch was classic image >>

Joe Namath on the Simpsosn was a classic warning of the dangers of vapor lock!
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    For us old fellows, Joe Kapp and Ray Nitschke were guards in the original longest yard

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    Joe Namath with Ann Margaret in CC Rider. Well, Ann Margaret mostly.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if a boxer qualifies here as it's been primarily baseball, basketball, football stars mentioned, but an old episode of the TV show Car 54 Where Are You?, Sugar Ray Robinson appeared.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Ooh ooh Car 54 Where Are You!!!! Loved it!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Babe Ruth in Pride of the Yankees.
  • Options

<< <i>I just saw an episode of Emergency!

Doug >>

From AIRPLANE:

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
    Roger Murdock: I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
    Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
    Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now, Joey. Right, Clarence?
    Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone. Let him stay here.
    Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is...
    [showing his nametag]
    Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
    Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
    [Kareem gets angry]
    Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
    Roger Murdock: [breaking character] The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Frank Thomas was on Married with Children. >>

And in Mr. Baseball.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just saw an episode of Emergency!

Doug >>

From AIRPLANE:

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
    Roger Murdock: I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
    Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
    Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now, Joey. Right, Clarence?
    Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone. Let him stay here.
    Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is...
    [showing his nametag]
    Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
    Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
    [Kareem gets angry]
    Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
    Roger Murdock: [breaking character] The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes. >>

Captain Oveur: Roger
    Roger Murdock: huh?

The Airplane , naked gun and police squad series crack me up every time.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Tiger Woods was on 15 Different Holes.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Uecker - "Mr. Belvedere"
    Alex Karas - "Webster"
    Don Drysdale - "Leave It To Beaver"
  • Options
    jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Patrick Ewing as an angel in George C. Scott's dream sequence in "The Exorcist III" which was one of the scariest movies I ever saw.

There was a really funny sketch on Saturday Night Live when Helen Hunt hosted where baseball players kept coming out of Chris Kattan's maigic closet. "You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it Billy. Just ask Todd Hundley and Mark Grudzlenak"

And finally, Cam Neely as Sea Bass.
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    More recently, Scott Hartnell, James vanRiemsdyk, Matt Carle and Ian Laperriere appeared in "This Is 40".

Last Thursday night, SNL had a one hour special with a selection of skits with athlete hosts and sports themes. Good excuse to show the classic Peyton Manning United Way video short. Ranks up there with "Men's Synchronized Swimming", "60 Minutes Counterfeit Novelties Expose (Minkman Brothers)", "Smelt Night (baseball themed)", "Co$@ in a Box", among others.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Rowdy Roddey Piper - They Live

Best movie line ever, " I came here to chew some bubble gum and kick some a$$, and I am all out of bubble gum!!
  • Options
    Here's the script to Baseball Dreams. I remember finding this very funny and was surprised all these guys were in NYC at the same time.

Baseball Dreams

Mom.....Helen Hunt
    Danny.....Chris Kattan
    Ted Brogan.....Will Ferrell

Mom: .."And Santa told Teddy the Turtle, 'Even turtles get presents for Christmas.'"

Danny: That's a great story, Mom!

Mom: Goodnight, honey. Tomorrow's Christmas! It's going to be a big day.

Danny: I don't care if I get any presents. I just wanna be a pro baseball player when I grow up!

Mom: You can do anything you want, Danny. Just follow your dreams. But in the meantime, get some sleep. [ exits Danny's room ]

Danny: [ curls up in bed ] I'm gonna be a baseball player! [ a light appears in his closet ] Wha.. who's there?

Todd Hunley: [ steps from out of the closet ] Hello, Danny.

Danny: [ excited ] Wow! Todd Hunley, from the New York Mets!

Todd Hunley: That's right. I'm just here to tell you you should follow your dreams. You can do it! You can be a pro ballplayer!

Danny: [ excited ] I can?

Todd Hunley: Sure you can. You can do anything you set your mind to. Just ask Scott Rolan, National League Rookie of the Year.

[ Scott Rolan steps out from the closet ]

Danny: Wow! Scott Rolan!

Scott Rolan: Hey, Andy!

Danny: It's not Andy. It's Danny.

Scott Rolan: Whatever, kid. Hey! You can fulfill your dream. This is North America!

Todd Hunley: We usually just say America.

[ Mark Wohlers steps out of the closet ]

Mark Wohlers: That's right, kid.

Danny: [ excited ] Mark Wohlers!

Mark Wohlers: You can do anything you wanna do. This ain't Russia, sport!

Danny: [ confused ] But Russia's a democracy now..

Mark Wohlers: Quit being a f*g. You get the point.

Danny: Mark Wohlers called me a f*g.. [ sniffs ]

Todd Hunley: Be cool, kid. Don't cry.

Mom: [ from the hall ] Is everything okay, honey?

Todd Hunley: [ grabs Danny's arm ] Tell your Mom that everything's okay!

Scott Rolan: It's too late! Hide! [ crouches behind the door, as the other two ballplayers crouch behind the bed ]

Mom: [ enters room ] Honey? Is everything okay?

Danny: [ scared ] I'm fine, Mom..

Mom: It smells like chew in here.

Danny: I don't smell anything..

Mom: Alright. Get some sleep. [ exits ]

Mark Wohlers: [ stands up ] Hey.. your Mom's hot!

Danny: Hey! What did you say?

Mark Wohlers: I said you can succeed at whatever you want.

Danny: No, you didn't!

Mark Wohlers: Yeah, it's true! Just ask Marty Cordova of the Minnesota Twins, and Jeff Fassero of the Seattle Mariners.

[ Marty Cordova and Jeff Fessero step out of the closet ]

Marty Cordova: Hey.. Benjamin..

Jeff Fassero: No. I think it's Danny.

Danny: Yeah, it's Danny!

Jeff Fassero: Mind if we smoke? [ smokes ]

Danny: Kind of.. [ coughs ] Listen, I want you guys to leave!

Jeff Fassero: You might want us to leave, but do you want Greg Jeffries of the Philadelphia Phillies, Mark Grudzielanek and Rondell White of the Montreal Expos to go?

[ Greg Jeffries, Mark Grudzielanek, and Rondell White step out of the closet ]

Danny: Yeah, I think I do!

Greg Jeffries: Listen, kid. You can be anything you wanna be. Just set your mind to it.

Rondell White: Yeah, kid. Go for your dreams.

Danny: A bunch of guys have said that already. It's pretty much meaningless now!

Greg Jeffries: Well, sor-ry, you little punk!

Mark Wohlers: [ pulls propeller off of toy model airplane ] Hey, kid! I think I broke this!

Danny: [ angry ] Hey, come on! Imade that!

[ Todd Zeile, Russ Davis, and Cliff Floyd step out of the closet ]

Todd Zeile: Hi. I'm Todd Zeile. This is Russ Davis and Cliff Floyd. We're professional ballplayers, too.

Cliff Floyd: Where's the food? You got any food?

Danny: No! Get out!

[ ballplayers start to party in Danny's room ]

Mark Wohlers: [ picks up radio ] Hey, man! Does this radio work?

Danny: [ annoyed ] Yes! I don't even know who you guys are! Where's Ken Griffey, Jr.

Todd Hunley: Ah, don't worry about it. He's gonna stop by later. We dropped him off at a strip joint down the street.
    [ ballplayers cheer, as David Howard and Mike Sweeney step out of the closet with a keg ]

David Howard: Where's the party!

Danny: David Howard and Mike Sweeney! Go away! Guys, you're gonna wake up my Mom!

[ more ballplayers step out of the closet, including Ted Brogan and his dog ]

Ted Brogan: Hey, where are the girls?

Danny: Who's that guy? Hey, he's not even weating a uniform!

Ted Brogan: I'm Ted Brogan. I played a little minor league ball in the 80's. I was supposed to play in Japan, but I failed a drug test. so.. This is my master, Hannibal. [ dog barks ]

Danny: Your dog scares me.

Mom: [ reenters room, turns off radio ] Honey.. what is going on in here? Who are these men?

Ted Brogan: I'm Ted Brogan. I got rollin' papers, if you got weed!

Mom: What are you doing in my son's room!

Mark Grudzielanek: [ puts his arm around Mom ] Hi, sweetheart. I'm Mark Grudzielanek.

Mom: I don't care! Put that cigarette out, shut that dog up, and everybody get out!

Todd Hunley: Hey, look, lady, we're just trying to help your kid!

Voice Outside Window: I'm naked! Whoo-hoo!

Greg Jeffries: [ looks out window ] It's Griffey! He's naked in the yard again!

[ police sirens can be heard ]

Todd Hunley: Come on! Lety's go! It's the cops!

[ ballplayers scatter out of the room ]

Ted Brogan: [ hands gun to Danny ] Can you hide this for me? Thanks. [ runs out of room ]

[ Danny cries, as Mom comes to his side ]

Mom: It's okay, honey.. they're all gone now.

Danny: That was horrible!

Mom: Do you still wanna be a baseball player?
    Danny: [ throws baseball glove to the floor ] No! I don't wanna be a baseball player! [ pause ] I wanna be a basketball player!

[ suddenly, a group of basketball players run out of the closet and bounce into Danny's bed and dribble a basketball on his head ]
  • Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    I think my favorite TV show that had a sports star in it was "Hill Street Blues" - Ed Marinaro
    Favorite Movie that had a sports star (?) "Eight Men Out" - Ken Berry
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    Roger Clemens in King Pin, as Skidmark
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    I have been on a weird trail of reminiscing 80's music videos and I saw one called "Voices That Care", similar to Band Aid where they bring all kinds of talent together. In addition I happen to see Orel Hersheiser there singing along with everyone.

Also another video called "Tears Are Not Enough" which was a Canadian song in the same vane as above, and it features Wayne Gretzky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol6vr5_CY1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJN3u1wAWIk
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seinfeld had many Yankees players with George as Assistant to the Traveling Secretary, they include: Danny Tartabull, Paul O'Neill, Bernie Williams and none other than Derek Jeter.
  • Options

<< <i>I have been on a weird trail of reminiscing 80's music videos and I saw one called "Voices That Care", similar to Band Aid where they bring all kinds of talent together. In addition I happen to see Orel Hersheiser there singing along with everyone.

Also another video called "Tears Are Not Enough" which was a Canadian song in the same vane as above, and it features Wayne Gretzky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol6vr5_CY1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJN3u1wAWIk >>

Among the most appropriate things I have ever witnessed is Gordon Lightfoot kicking off "Tears are Not Enough"
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bringing back this one from the deep after seeing Luis Tiant on Cheers. image
  • Options
    IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    Moo back to you, Scott. I agree with you on that classic episode of Mr. Ed, with Leo Durocher, Sandy Koufax, Moose Skowron, Willie Davis, and Johnny Roseboro. The scared look in the eyes of Roseboro as he hurriedly climbs the backstop to get out of the way of Mr. Ed sliding into home is unforgettable. That episode premiered just a few day before Sandy shut the Yankees down and humiliated them in the first game of the 1963 World Series. I could watch that episode again and again.

I also liked the 1959 episode of The Donna Reed Show that featured a few members of the 1959 Los Angeles Rams, including Bill Wade and Les Richter. ---Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)
  • Options
    Pau Gasol was on an episode of CSI: Miami and he didn't even play himself. He was a character named "Victor Emparo". He was a driver in a car accident.

Fred Dryer was "Hunter"

Kobe was on "Modern Family" as himself
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    Is that Jim Rice?
  • Options
    Fred "The Hammer" Williamson. played for the Raiders in the 60s and since had quite a career in motion pictures.
  • Options
    Sea Bass, Dumb & Dumber = Bruins President, Cam Neely
  • Options
    I'm watching the SNL 40th anniversary as we speak and am therefore redoing the script for "Baseball Dreams" featuring about 20 major leaguers. This is still a favorite. Please forgive the length.

Baseball Dreams

Mom.....Helen Hunt
    Danny.....Chris Kattan
    Ted Brogan.....Will Ferrell

Mom: .."And Santa told Teddy the Turtle, 'Even turtles get presents for Christmas.'"

Danny: That's a great story, Mom!

Mom: Goodnight, honey. Tomorrow's Christmas! It's going to be a big day.

Danny: I don't care if I get any presents. I just wanna be a pro baseball player when I grow up!

Mom: You can do anything you want, Danny. Just follow your dreams. But in the meantime, get some sleep. [ exits Danny's room ]

Danny: [ curls up in bed ] I'm gonna be a baseball player! [ a light appears in his closet ] Wha.. who's there?

Todd Hunley: [ steps from out of the closet ] Hello, Danny.

Danny: [ excited ] Wow! Todd Hunley, from the New York Mets!

Todd Hunley: That's right. I'm just here to tell you you should follow your dreams. You can do it! You can be a pro ballplayer!

Danny: [ excited ] I can?

Todd Hunley: Sure you can. You can do anything you set your mind to. Just ask Scott Rolan, National League Rookie of the Year.

[ Scott Rolan steps out from the closet ]

Danny: Wow! Scott Rolan!

Scott Rolan: Hey, Andy!

Danny: It's not Andy. It's Danny.

Scott Rolan: Whatever, kid. Hey! You can fulfill your dream. This is North America!

Todd Hunley: We usually just say America.

[ Mark Wohlers steps out of the closet ]

Mark Wohlers: That's right, kid.

Danny: [ excited ] Mark Wohlers!

Mark Wohlers: You can do anything you wanna do. This ain't Russia, sport!

Danny: [ confused ] But Russia's a democracy now..

Mark Wohlers: Quit being a f*g. You get the point.

Danny: Mark Wohlers called me a f*g.. [ sniffs ]

Todd Hunley: Be cool, kid. Don't cry.

Mom: [ from the hall ] Is everything okay, honey?

Todd Hunley: [ grabs Danny's arm ] Tell your Mom that everything's okay!

Scott Rolan: It's too late! Hide! [ crouches behind the door, as the other two ballplayers crouch behind the bed ]

Mom: [ enters room ] Honey? Is everything okay?

Danny: [ scared ] I'm fine, Mom..

Mom: It smells like chew in here.

Danny: I don't smell anything..

Mom: Alright. Get some sleep. [ exits ]

Mark Wohlers: [ stands up ] Hey.. your Mom's hot!

Danny: Hey! What did you say?

Mark Wohlers: I said you can succeed at whatever you want.

Danny: No, you didn't!

Mark Wohlers: Yeah, it's true! Just ask Marty Cordova of the Minnesota Twins, and Jeff Fassero of the Seattle Mariners.

[ Marty Cordova and Jeff Fessero step out of the closet ]

Marty Cordova: Hey.. Benjamin..

Jeff Fassero: No. I think it's Danny.

Danny: Yeah, it's Danny!

Jeff Fassero: Mind if we smoke? [ smokes ]

Danny: Kind of.. [ coughs ] Listen, I want you guys to leave!

Jeff Fassero: You might want us to leave, but do you want Greg Jeffries of the Philadelphia Phillies, Mark Grudzielanek and Rondell White of the Montreal Expos to go?

[ Greg Jeffries, Mark Grudzielanek, and Rondell White step out of the closet ]

Danny: Yeah, I think I do!

Greg Jeffries: Listen, kid. You can be anything you wanna be. Just set your mind to it.

Rondell White: Yeah, kid. Go for your dreams.

Danny: A bunch of guys have said that already. It's pretty much meaningless now!

Greg Jeffries: Well, sor-ry, you little punk!

Mark Wohlers: [ pulls propeller off of toy model airplane ] Hey, kid! I think I broke this!

Danny: [ angry ] Hey, come on! Imade that!

[ Todd Zeile, Russ Davis, and Cliff Floyd step out of the closet ]

Todd Zeile: Hi. I'm Todd Zeile. This is Russ Davis and Cliff Floyd. We're professional ballplayers, too.

Cliff Floyd: Where's the food? You got any food?

Danny: No! Get out!

[ ballplayers start to party in Danny's room ]

Mark Wohlers: [ picks up radio ] Hey, man! Does this radio work?

Danny: [ annoyed ] Yes! I don't even know who you guys are! Where's Ken Griffey, Jr.

Todd Hunley: Ah, don't worry about it. He's gonna stop by later. We dropped him off at a strip joint down the street.
    [ ballplayers cheer, as David Howard and Mike Sweeney step out of the closet with a keg ]

David Howard: Where's the party!

Danny: David Howard and Mike Sweeney! Go away! Guys, you're gonna wake up my Mom!

[ more ballplayers step out of the closet, including Ted Brogan and his dog ]

Ted Brogan: Hey, where are the girls?

Danny: Who's that guy? Hey, he's not even weating a uniform!

Ted Brogan: I'm Ted Brogan. I played a little minor league ball in the 80's. I was supposed to play in Japan, but I failed a drug test. so.. This is my master, Hannibal. [ dog barks ]

Danny: Your dog scares me.

Mom: [ reenters room, turns off radio ] Honey.. what is going on in here? Who are these men?

Ted Brogan: I'm Ted Brogan. I got rollin' papers, if you got weed!

Mom: What are you doing in my son's room!

Mark Grudzielanek: [ puts his arm around Mom ] Hi, sweetheart. I'm Mark Grudzielanek.

Mom: I don't care! Put that cigarette out, shut that dog up, and everybody get out!

Todd Hunley: Hey, look, lady, we're just trying to help your kid!

Voice Outside Window: I'm naked! Whoo-hoo!

Greg Jeffries: [ looks out window ] It's Griffey! He's naked in the yard again!

[ police sirens can be heard ]

Todd Hunley: Come on! Lety's go! It's the cops!

[ ballplayers scatter out of the room ]

Ted Brogan: [ hands gun to Danny ] Can you hide this for me? Thanks. [ runs out of room ]

[ Danny cries, as Mom comes to his side ]

Mom: It's okay, honey.. they're all gone now.

Danny: That was horrible!

Mom: Do you still wanna be a baseball player?
    Danny: [ throws baseball glove to the floor ] No! I don't wanna be a baseball player! [ pause ] I wanna be a basketball player!

[ suddenly, a group of basketball players run out of the closet and bounce into Danny's bed and dribble a basketball on his head ]
  • Options
    Ryan Howard making an appearance as himself during The Office's final season was brilliant because BJ Novak's character was named Ryan Howard as well.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Fred "The Hammer" Williamson. played for the Raiders in the 60s and since had quite a career in motion pictures. >>

IIRC he had a 1 or 2 year stint in the MNF broadcasting booth.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terry Bradshaw was wild in the bar brawl scene in Hooper image

Steve
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar fought Bruce Lee in one of his movies. You need to google the photo of Bruce kicking him in the face. Amazing photo.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars