Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

$100 for a 1979 Topps baseball tray!

And to think just a few months ago, there was actually some debate whether market value on these was $60 or not..

1979 Topps wax tray

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    impressive price increase
    I edit almost all my posts because my auto correct is crazy !
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Tim ... there have been NINE of these sold on eBay this month at the price of ~$100.00.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Do these wax trays yield higher grade cards than cards coming out of a regular 1979 wax box?
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't think they'd yield any higher grade cards... and you still have the wax and gum cards. I think there's just a premium for those trays, especially if there are no tears (or very small ones). People probably feel more comfortable that the packs haven't been searched if they're still enclosed in the tray.
  • Options
    How's the gum in them 79 trays?

My friend here would like to know..................image
  • Options
    Though I think that is too much, I've always pulled clean high grade cards from trays. They're the cleanest packs you'll find and guaranteed factory sealed
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>How's the gum in them 79 trays? >>

Fabulous Dahling ... just fabulous!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    time to list mine!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy prices for this stuff.
    Has anyone been fallowin the 60s market? Its rarely seen. Are they doing as well as the 70s stuff?