Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just when I thought the USPS had it's act together….

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to ship some coins today - "Create a Label" on their website isn't working.

So, there's a handy "Live Help" option.

No agents are available now to chat. Please try again later. Thank you.

Guess they aren't going out today after all.

imageimageimage
"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    Don't be mad. Sometimes things like that just happen.
    Ya know?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Give it 10 minutes, it'll come back.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Give it 10 minutes, it'll come back. >>

That's good advice.
    Also, maybe try rebooting your computer. That sometimes helps too.

Edited to add:
    Please let us know how these solutions work out.
    I suppose you could always just hand-write the address labels yourself. That's another option.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She verks here.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    What's worse is that in the last week I have had two small packages delivered and placed on-top of my mailbox rather than inside it...both instances there was more than enough room inside the mail box.

I'm off to complain to the Post Office and the person who delivers my mail in a few minutes!
  • Options

<< <i>

That's good advice.

Edited to add:
    I suppose you could always just hand-write the address labels yourself. That's another option. >>

But then you have to stand in line to mail them.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's good advice.

Edited to add:
    I suppose you could always just hand-write the address labels yourself. That's another option. >>

But then you have to stand in line to mail them. >>

That's true.
    I hope the USPS "Create a Label" website gets up and running soon.

I wonder if the "Live Help" option has been restored yet?
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a Paypal account you can print labels from there.

bobimage

www.Paypal/shipnow will get you some choices.
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "But then you have to stand in line to mail them. "

Not if the labels are generated at an APC kiosk, and the package weight is less than 13 ounces.

Also, if you call the toll free info number and follow the auto prompts to select "online service" the wait time for Click and Ship CS reps to answer is usually within 60 seconds. They were extremely helpful to me several times in the past week with troubleshooting problems on Click and Ship pages of the site.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options

<< <i>"But then you have to stand in line to mail them. "

Not if the labels are generated at an APC kiosk, and the package weight is less than 13 ounces.

Also, if you call the toll free info number and follow the auto prompts to select "online service" the wait time for Click and Ship CS reps to answer is usually within 60 seconds. They were extremely helpful to me several times in the past week with troubleshooting problems on Click and Ship pages of the site. >>

That's really good to know. I think I might try that next time the "click and ship" page doesn't work for me.
  • Options

<< <i>

Also, if you call the toll free info number and follow the auto prompts to select "online service" the wait time for Click and Ship CS reps to answer is usually within 60 seconds. They were extremely helpful to me several times in the past week with troubleshooting problems on Click and Ship pages of the site. >>

That's really good to know. I think I might try that next time the "click and ship" page doesn't work for me. >>

I have never been able to get click and ship to generate a label for anything less than priority mail.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's really good to know. I think I might try that next time the "click and ship" page doesn't work for me. >>

I have never been able to get click and ship to generate a label for anything less than priority mail. >>

Really?
    I guess we don't know if Lakesammman is shipping priority or not. Maybe he is.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Create a label thru Paypal. www.paypal.com/shipnow

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>Create a label thru Paypal. www.paypal.com/shipnow >>

Can you print them off fairly easily?
  • Options

<< <i>Trying to ship some coins today - "Create a Label" on their website isn't working.

imageimageimage >>

USPS upgraded its system. You cannot ship through there if you are not Using Windows 8 or higher for internet Explorer.

I had windows 7 on one computer and it wouldn't work. Switch to mine with 8.1 and it worked.
    Morgan Everyman Set
    Member, Society of Silver Dollar Collectors.
    Looking for PCGS AU58+ 1901-P, 1896-O, & 1894-O
  • Options

<< <i>

Can you print them off fairly easily? >>

Yes. And if you screw it up there is an option to reprint the label. I think tho, that you may want to temporarily disable your pop-up blocker. With Click n Ship, it's a good idea to save a copy of the label to your hard drive, esp. if you are creating several and generating a manifest.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yes. And if you screw it up there is an option to reprint the label. I think tho, that you may want to temporarily disable your pop-up blocker. With Click n Ship, it's a good idea to save a copy of the label to your hard drive, esp. if you are creating several and generating a manifest. >>

Thanks! That's awesome.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    ^ What he said.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Trying to ship some coins today - "Create a Label" on their website isn't working.

imageimageimage >>

USPS upgraded its system. You cannot ship through there if you are not Using Windows 8 or higher for internet Explorer.

I had windows 7 on one computer and it wouldn't work. Switch to mine with 8.1 and it worked. >>

I don't have a reason to try it now, but I expect it may be more to do with IE than Windows. In spite of the fact that there are those who steadfastly refuse to use IE, it is the preferred browser for some sites.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yes. And if you screw it up there is an option to reprint the label. I think tho, that you may want to temporarily disable your pop-up blocker. With Click n Ship, it's a good idea to save a copy of the label to your hard drive, esp. if you are creating several and generating a manifest. >>

Thanks! That's awesome. >>

If for some reason you don't use the label, you can request a refund as long as the tracking number has not been scanned. Do not give the tracking number to the recipient until AFTER you present the package for shipping. If you are using the label on a bubble pack envelope that will hold an odd shaped object, put the label on BEFORE you put the object in.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks! That's awesome. >>

If for some reason you don't use the label, you can request a refund as long as the tracking number has not been scanned. Do not give the tracking number to the recipient until AFTER you present the package for shipping. If you are using the label on a bubble pack envelope that will hold an odd shaped object, put the label on BEFORE you put the object in. >>

I'm going to save your reply so I don't mess this up.
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    It's amazing that a thread that started out with no less than 3 angry unhappy emoticon faces, has taken such a positive turn.

I think I'm going to bookmark this thread.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have never been able to get click and ship to generate a label for anything less than priority mail. >>

Don't confuse online "Click 'n Ship" label generating service with APC kiosk label generating service. Regardless, either method can be used to generate ship labels for a variety of service, including 1st class non-Priority with or without added services (i.e. insurance, signature confirmation etc.). The biggest advantage of using "Click and Ship" is free tracking and signature confirmation service and carrier pickup. No branch office lines, no nosey counter clerks and no fighting traffic to and from the branch office. image

I shipped a 1st class International parcel to a forum member in Canada last week, using Click 'n Ship. The daily carrier accepted it without reservation.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    I'm using a MacBook Pro - what's IE?? image

The kiosk is handy, especially after hours when you can actually get off the street and find a parking spot, but the online postage is 10-15% cheaper. I don't believe there is a 13 oz limit at the Kiosk since they can track the purchaser - 13 oz is for lick and stick-em stamps.

Thanks for the tips. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you print them off fairly easily? >>

It's even easier if you access paypal shipping for and ebay sale if you use the button next to the item in your paypal "overview" or from the link at the bottom of the item's paypal "details" page. When done this way most of the info is already filled out for you and it automatically inserts the tracking number in both paypal and ebay. If insuring be sure to change to USPS insurance in the drop down as the "shipcover" does not cover coins.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    IE is internet explorer. suhprised yew don't know that considering your localeimage

FWIW most Guvmint sites is optimized for IE
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Can you print them off fairly easily? >>

It's even easier if you access paypal shipping from the link at the bottom of the item's paypal "details" page. When done this way most of the info is already filled out for you and it automatically inserts the tracking number in both paypal and ebay. If insuring be sure to change to USPS insurance in the drop down as the "shipcover" does not cover coins. >>

I believe he is interested in printing labels for shipments that don't involve an eBay transaction. www.pp.com/shipnow works great for that as long as you have a pp account. Unlike stamps.com or pitney-bowes, it's FREE
  • Options
    Yah - I know what IE is. Was just being a SA. image

• Options
    So were you able to finally print labels and ship your packages?
    Did everything workout ok?
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem. The cause (for me) was you cannot put 0 value. You must put at least $0.01 for the value before you can continue.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Day 8 on a registered insured with no delivery.

They could at least provide tracking info for the $25.
  • Options

<< <i>I had the same problem. The cause (for me) was you cannot put 0 value. You must put at least $0.01 for the value before you can continue. >>

Even with a value, I don't get the option to use first class mail; only priority or express.
  • Options
    You must put at least $0.01 for the value before you can continue.

That was the trick - thanks! Guess it's illegal to mail worthless material. image
  • Options

<< <i>You must put at least $0.01 for the value before you can continue.

That was the trick - thanks! Guess it's illegal to mail worthless material. image >>

LOL! Now that's FUNNY!!! image
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You must put at least $0.01 for the value before you can continue.

That was the trick - thanks! Guess it's illegal to mail worthless material. image >>

It took me a while to figure that out. I was just mailing business papers via Priority.

You'd think they would annotate the field with that requirement, especially since its a required field.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is to declare a value where it asks for one. You can't simply leave it as blank or zero. I ran into this same problem yesterday. Remember that all Priority Mail is automatically insured for $50, so you aren't paying any extra by declaring a $1 value.

Edit: I see someone beat me to this. Anyway, I assume they'll fix that sooner or later.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. USPS Click-n-Ship was non-functional last week for me too. I could enter all data but the webpage was missing icons to advance to the next page.

2. USPS Click-n-Ship has never sold 1st Class labels, at least not to me. (PayPal shipping does)

3. PayPal Shipping does not offer insurance > $500, at least not to me.

4. The only way to ship a 1st Class package with >$500 insurance is to stand in line at the P.O. There are no other options unless you want to upgrade to Priority Mail.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yah - I know what IE is. Was just being a SA. image >>

Quite common for a Mac user image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yah - I know what IE is. Was just being a SA. image >>

Quite common for a Mac user image >>

That is so true.
  • Options
    Lakesammman,

Were you able to print those labels and get your packages shipped? Did you have any other shipping or packaging frustrations?
    Thank you in advance for letting me know.

Truly,
    Dollarsandcents
  • Options
    Were you able to print those labels and get your packages shipped? Did you have any other shipping or packaging frustrations?

Yep - via Paypal. Nope, pretty much have my act together when others have theirs.

Insurance - I bought into the Shipandinsure.com program - much cheaper (if you ship enough to overcome the annual fee), greater flexibility, no need to stand in line and no insurance red flags on the box.

• Options
    Wow! That's fantastic!!!
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Try downloading the USPS application "click n ship for business". It is a standalone app that doesn't run on the website. It works well for me.
  • Options

<< <i>1.
    2. USPS Click-n-Ship has never sold 1st Class labels, at least not to me. (PayPal shipping does)

>>

And so betwixt them both, one should be able to cover just about all of his needs.
  • Options

<< <i>Were you able to print those labels and get your packages shipped? Did you have any other shipping or packaging frustrations?

Yep - via Paypal. Nope, pretty much have my act together when others have theirs.

Insurance - I bought into the Shipandinsure.com program - much cheaper (if you ship enough to overcome the annual fee), greater flexibility, no need to stand in line and no insurance red flags on the box. >>

What is the break even point for shipandinsure?
  • Options
    What is the break even point for shipandinsure?

No pat answer - depends on your preferred way of shipping and how much supplementary insurance you buy to cover what USPS doesn't (i.e. $25k to $75K).

Annual fee is about $150.

Here are their rates off the website.

Method Cost/$100 Maximum

FedEx First Overnight $0.18 $75,000.00
    FedEx Ground $0.23 $20,000.00
    FedEx Priority Overnight $0.18 $75,000.00
    FedEx Same Day $0.22 $15,000.00
    FedEx Saver $0.24 $10,000.00
    FedEx Standard Overnight $0.20 $75,000.00
    FedEx Two Day $0.26 $15,000.00
    FedEx Freight $1.35 $75,000.00
    UPS Ground $0.26 $15,000.00
    UPS Next Day Air $0.24 $75,000.00
    USPS Priority Express $0.22 $75,000.00
    USPS Registered $0.11 $75,000.00
    USPS Priority $0.24 $10,000.00
  • Options
    Let me try a different tack. A few weeks ago I mailed a package worth $600. My cost was $9.44 $2.04 for postage, $7.40 for insurance. 100 such packages would cost me $204 in postage and $740 for insurance. At what point does it pay to get your own insurance?
  • Options
    Well, how did you send it?
  • Options

<< <i>Well, how did you send it? >>

USPS first class, thru PP. FWIW, I don't send THAT many packages, but if I did what is a good point to wean off of the USPS?
  • Options
    USPS first class

Not an option - you save nothing. image

Jeeezzzz - the Super Bowl is on...... image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file