Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How many cards you have for next monthly special?

With no monthly special the last two months for post 1956 cards, am wondering how many cards are out there just waiting for the next one. I know I have about 200 ready to go since late November.

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see the next special.....I have yet to see anything for Feb.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Hey PMKAY, hopefully your cards are not brand new.

1st special for February is any card (sport or non) from 1956 - 1990 $6/ea, 25 card minimum under $100 value with a nice turnaround of 50+ days.

• Options
    Interesting. I had about 90 to send, this will cut it down to about 60.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey PMKAY, hopefully your cards are not brand new.

1st special for February is any card (sport or non) from 1956 - 1990 $6/ea, 25 card minimum under $100 value with a nice turnaround of 50+ days. >>

They are all from the last few years so they will continue to wait. And I'm rethinking the point of having a CC membership now.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Well damn
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

1st special for February is any card (sport or non) from 1956 - 1990 $6/ea, 25 card minimum under $100 value with a nice turnaround of 50+ days. >>

They are all from the last few years so they will continue to wait. And I'm rethinking the point of having a CC membership now. >>

Ditto
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They are all from the last few years so they will continue to wait. And I'm rethinking the point of having a CC membership now. >>

Is it a lower price you're waiting for, or something else? I don't have inside info or anything but I don't expect them to ever go below $6 again.

I'm hoping there is a big group sub this Spring so I can submit my next ~200 cards without having to renew the membership.
  • Options
    All the cards I have ready are from the last 10 years. The latest specials only includes cards 1990 or older.
  • Options
    markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    Why no more $4.50 or $5.00 specials? $6 is just too much per card. I haven't sent anything in to be graded in about 2 years.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I want to see an example of a card that's worth $6 to grade, but not $7-- and an attending rationale behind that decision.
  • Options

<< <i>I want to see an example of a card that's worth $6 to grade, but not $7-- and an attending rationale behind that decision. >>

Rationale = 200 cards = $200
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed they increased the turn around time to 50 days. It used to be 45, but I haven't been watching closely so maybe it's been like that for a few months.

Collectors Club Special #1:
    $6.00 per Card – 25 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For cards from 1956-1990 valued under $100 each
    Sport and non-sport cards
    Regular size, thick/patch and Tallboy cards are accepted
    Excluding T3's, Supersized, Autographed Cards, and Coins/Pins
    For Collectors Club members only
    Turnaround time approximately 50 business days/varies with demand
    Click here for Full Details!
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I want to see an example of a card that's worth $6 to grade, but not $7-- and an attending rationale behind that decision. >>

Rationale = 200 cards = $200 >>

I think his point was that if all 200 cards are worth sending in, i.e. worth $25 or more, then one dollar in grading fees shouldn't stop someone from sending a card in. I mean, really, if you were going to spend $1200, is $1400 going to stop you?
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Rationale = 200 cards = $200 >>

I think his point was that if all 200 cards are worth sending in, i.e. worth $25 or more, then one dollar in grading fees shouldn't stop someone from sending a card in. I mean, really, if you were going to spend $1200, is $1400 going to stop you? >>

Yes, it absolutely is!

If you're a modern player, team and/or set collector, price certainly matters. I fall into the first two categories. Many, many, many people fall into one, or all three, of these categories. I'd venture a guess that it's a 50/50 proposition already for me if the cards I'm looking to submit are even worth it at $6. With modern cards, it's a 10 or bust situtation more times than not. Even then, let's say you look to resell... the average modern star base card in a 10 goes for approximately $12... an average player in a 10 holder, maybe $8-10. Get a 9 or lower... forget about it... you're lucky to get even a single $3.99 or $4.99 bid on eBay for your card(s)... after time & fees, you're almost better off just throwing the cards in the trash!

So, yes, when it's already borderline not worth it to submit at $6... hell yeah, $7 is more than enough reason to stop someone!

Let's not even ignore the fact that a significant enough percentage of graded collectors either collect, or soley focus on, modern cards... and we have to pay PSA a membership fee annually to enjoy the priveledge of submitting cards, especially under specials, but also under bulk services... and they have now gone 3 full months without a C.C. special for this segment of their stakeholders/customers!!!
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

They are all from the last few years so they will continue to wait. And I'm rethinking the point of having a CC membership now. >>

I think they would want to do more specials for new cards to try and gain market share against BGS with the modern. This does not seem to be the case.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $6 a card is actually a pretty good rate. The $4.75 specials have gone the way of the $50 79 wax tray...You won't see anything less than a $6 a card going forward.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$6 a card is actually a pretty good rate. The $4.75 specials have gone the way of the $100 79 wax tray...You won't see anything less than a $6 a card going forward. >>

I fixed it for ya. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.