Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Can a Jamarcus Russell card ever be worth anything?

I was just curious as he has probably overtaken Leaf as the worst #1 NFL draft pick. In my opinion at least.

Comments

• tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Depends on if he becomes a criminal or crack head like leaf.
  • Haha, well drinking the purple stuff probably will have him on track for both.
  • Sure, if he's in a highly collected set, and you have the only PSA 10.
  • Only if he died and the card was autographed, outside of that not so much. Maybe he goes into the College Football Hall of Fame. There may be some LSU collectors that want him but that is about it.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Only if he died and the card was autographed, outside of that not so much. Maybe he goes into the College Football Hall of Fame. There may be some LSU collectors that want him but that is about it. >>

or if the card is also auto'd by a Favre/Brady/Brees or Manning
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Only if he died and the card was autographed, outside of that not so much. Maybe he goes into the College Football Hall of Fame. There may be some LSU collectors that want him but that is about it. >>

or if the card is also auto'd by a Favre/Brady/Brees or Manning >>

$300 for a Jamarcus Auto image
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

A man can dream cant he...Boy do I have a few autos,patches,1/1s ugh nevermind
    now im depressed againimage
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I was just curious as he has probably overtaken Leaf as the worst #1 NFL draft pick. In my opinion at least.

Ryan Leaf was the #2 overall pick behind Peyton.
  • I'm pretty sure you could list it at .01 with free shipping and his mother wouldn't even buy it. If he cures cancer you might get something for it. Maybe someday people will become enthralled with collecting cards of the biggest busts in the NFL.
    Amateur football card seller.
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Leaf was # 2 pick behind Drew Bledsoe I believe....
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

• << <i>Leaf was # 2 pick behind Drew Bledsoe I believe.... >>

Manning was #1 the year of Leaf....

Mirer was #2 behind Drew Suck-soe
  • You guys are right, Leaf wasn't picked #1... I guess I need to brush up on my football history before posting this. Thanks again for your guys responses! Most of them have provided me some good laughs. I'm a Raiders fan but totally did a face palm when they drafted him... then another face palm when they got Hayward-Bay... but that's for another time... Happy collecting!
  • Btw, @SteelyDan, that's a good idea for registry set! The biggest draft bust series... Every sport has a set of wtf were they thinking players! haha
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sold a bunch of his autographs for a few bucks. I got between $5-$15 for each. He was a big time QB at LSU and those SEC fans are rabid.

If you are asking if his cards will be worth even half of what they were in 2007, the answer is NO, but he will have some value. Heck a Notre Dame fan from Ohio took my Brady Quinns as well.
    Mike
  • i am a LSU fan and i have none of his cards in my collection. that should tell you something.
  • kookoox10kookoox10 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just sold a bunch of his autographs for a few bucks. I got between $5-$15 for each. He was a big time QB at LSU and those SEC fans are rabid.

If you are asking if his cards will be worth even half of what they were in 2007, the answer is NO, but he will have some value. Heck a Notre Dame fan from Ohio took my Brady Quinns as well. >>

I agree, which would explain why Tebow autos are still fetching pretty good money. He's got a heck of a following.
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i am a LSU fan and i have none of his cards in my collection. that should tell you something. >>

I'm curious as to why you don't have any of JaMarcus' auto rookie cards? He was pretty successful at LSU and didn't really flame out until a few years after he was drafted.

Most SEC fans I know are pretty passionate about their stars.
    Mike
  • MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I had a JMR rookie card slab bed and graded that I sold to a friend for a dollar. He bought it to give to a friend of his who is a big Raider fan, as a gag gift for Xmas. Friend said it got the biggest reaction and other guy said it was his fave gift that year.