Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ebay Question

Hi all. I bought a medal on ebay and have been contemplating sending it back. Decided to do so yesterday and notified seller through ebay. Normally very responsive, the seller now doesn't answer. I am nearing the end of the 14 day return period. In my transaction listings it states File return by:February 4, 2014 and I did through their return button.

Can I now send back the $880 medal requiring the sellers signature, or do I have to wait until they contact me, which may be never? Is my return now recognized at ebay as 'filed'? Can I safely send the medal even if they refuse delivery? It will be trackable. Is Priority Mail/Signature Required/Insured going to cut it, or should I return 'Registered"?

Obviously I rarely return material but this piece was a poorly cast example and not to the usual quality of the artist. I just have a hunch that the seller is going to be difficult since I made the purchase through "Make an Offer" but the listing still had a nonspecific 14 day return period.

I'd like to get this in the mail but want to make sure my ducks are in a row. Any help, suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send another email to the seller advising him that you WILL file a "not as described" claim immediately.
    or give him a safe time to reply and address the issue.
    His addressing the issue would be for him to initiate without delay a refund claim or a cancel transaction claim..
    All communication is to be via Ebay mail.
    if he does not respond within your set time, file the claim without delay.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    so I should hold on to the medal and not send it until I hear back from him?

He didn't describe it except for the width. He certainly had image lighting that made the medal appear to be much nicer than in hand. Would this still be considered 'not as described'?
  • Options
    Deal with him through Ebay.
    did he send the medal tracked? if yes, u should be ok.
    If you file N aD claim, Feebay will spring into action with reply times etc... and it is easy to follow. in fact they do most the writing and sending.
    you might be asked by ebay to send it.. if so, send it tracked.
    I had to do it once and this is how it worked.
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    yes, he sent it with tracking.

So I can't get nailed for going over the return period as long as I have initiated a return through ebay within the allotted time then?
  • Options

<< <i>He didn't describe it except for the width. He certainly had image lighting that made the medal appear to be much nicer than in hand. Would this still be considered 'not as described'? >>

The fact it looks different in hand than it does on your monitor is not evidence of deception. The image could very well look accurate on his monitor. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    Can not tell you what to do. YOU know all the circumstances and YOU have to decide what YOU wish to do.

However, just no liking a coin when one receives it is not a good reason for a return.
    am not saying that is the case, but it happens often.
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have people return things all the time saying they dont like it in hand. Not a big deal to me, I accept returns(buyer pays shipping). Not worth fighting over and getting a Negative feedback.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send it back. eBay / PayPal will side with you as a buyer and should credit you the full amount without any issues.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Send it back. eBay / PayPal will side with you as a buyer and should credit you the full amount without any issues. >>

• Options

Yes, send it back with signature confirmation before the deadline.