Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Has anybody seen a PSA back like this one ?

I bought this card years ago at a card show from a reputable dealer and noticed sometime later the back of this PSA slab. I asked PSA about it at a Chicago show and they said to send it back in to get re holdered. Has anybody else ran across this type of error ?

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.collectorfocus.com/...tion/svtPONY95/pre-war">Pre war

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I have seen the light blue back, but I have never seen it be totally blank>???
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    That front flip was usually coupled with the hologram back. Doesn't strike me as a card that someone would try something funny with, but that back does seem strange.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Look at the bar code. On every PSA card that I've see, it is left justified. Not here, and that makes it look wrong.

The large spacing at the bottom looks strange too considering there is whar appears to be normal spacing at the top.

I'm far from an expert, however, it looks suspect to me.

Kevin Thomas
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Slab looks okay, looks to be graded around 1999-2000.

I see what you're saying about the bar code, but if you search ebay now, on most other '71 PSA graded Rose cards, there's
    does happen to be a small indentation to where the bar code begins from the left border. I'm not sure how the labels
    are spit out, but maybe on occasion the person typing that info onto the flip might have hit the space bar once or twice.
    Not really sure about this though.

The card looks like a solid 7, I highly doubt that's a tampered with holder.
    Just looks like it's missing the back part of the flip.
  • It looks legit. See that circle on the back. The old style holders use to have it so I doubt someone would go though a little trouble replicating that but not the actual back. It could simply be that PSA forgot to run the print for the other side when creating that label. As someone mentioned, the holder looks fine. I would send it to get reholdered but you should as well send a few cards in on top of that Rose since they charge the same for shipping up to a certain dollar value amount whether you just send in 1 card or 5. I also just did 2 different reholdering subs and they became back within 2-3 weeks in my hand from the time I dropped them off.