Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Vintage Wax Wrappers

Hey guys,

I am looking at buying a vintage wrapper from an old wax pack.

Link

I have a couple of questions, wondering if the Board can help.

1. Legit? Looks like it to me; it's not super high value, so I wouldn't imagine its a fake. But I figured I'd ask. Any help in authentication would be cool.

2. Is there any company that slabs or authenticates these?

3. If not, does anyone here collect them or something similar and have a recommendation for how to display it? I was thinking I might have it framed under glass for display.

I primarily collect 61 Parkies, so this would be a cool addition to my set.

Anyway, thanks for any comments/suggestions.

Casey

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Is there any company that slabs or authenticates these? >>

GAI grades them, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy to them, lest you like not getting your items back!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I am not a hockey collector. I do collect Topps baseball unopened packs and wrappers with my sets. I usually only buy such items from reputable dealers I know. The seller here is unknown to me but his level of feedback would indicate a legitimate seller.

There are sellers in the baseball market on ebay selling photo or laser copies of old wrappers. Often they do so with a clear explanation that it is a copy, but not always.

This one looks good to me but as I said I am not a hockey collector. There is a hockey board on Net 54 where there is surely more expertise on hockey wrappers...but maybe competition as well image
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Thanks bishop. Have you found a good way to store or display the wrappers that you own?
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks bishop. Have you found a good way to store or display the wrappers that you own? >>

If you're collecting wrappers, ITOYA ADVANTAGE art portfolios are a great way to store/display them.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I use the portfolios that Paul mentions for my Topps posters and pin up sets but like to keep wrappers and packs with my sets which I have in binders. So I use 2 pocket or single pocket sheets with the wrapper in a loader that fits it
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al