Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ichiro 2001 Bowman Chrome Refractor opinions

I am considering the purchase of what I believe to be the standard when it comes to modern rookie cards.
Bowman Chrome.
More specifically the 2001 Bowman Chrome Refractor Ichiro Suzuki in a PSA 10

would like members opinions on a PSA 10 vs PSA 9 as there is about a $300 spread between the two options.

opinions on the card value long term, considering it is a modern issue.

its really a card for my personal collection, no talk thought about "investment" yet I don't want it to be a flop in value down the road.
If I jump on a PSA 10 I don't want to end up with a $80 (example) in 10 years.

I believe Ichiro has already solidified his worth to MLB and the hobby.
But what's in store for future values in post 2000 cards.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me check my magic 8 ball..... nope, no idea what this card will be worth in the future.

For my money, I'd rather have a nice looking 9. The difference between a 10 & 9 is huge in price and on any given day most of the post-2000 9s could get a 10 with the right grader. 10s are primarily for those who want to play the registry game.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Get the Japanese version if you're going to get one- assuming the regular refractors have English and Japanese versions like the gold ones I had?

There's always a demand for his stuff- keep an eye on it, and even though you say it's not for an investment, it will turn you a nice profit
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I've never even seen a gold or anything other than the regular refractor.

any idea how frequently they show up? Price?

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Depends on your personal price tolerance.

Considering you're talking about adding a nice Ichiro RC to your PC... and you're not talking about the SPX or the Ultimate Collection... my assumption would be you want something nice, you're not afraid to spend a few bucks, but you're not looking to break the bank either.

Given that, you can't go wrong either way. If it was me though, I'd go for the PSA 10. However, if I still wasn't sold on spending that much... why not save a few bucks, and get a PSA 9... of both the English and Japanese versions!
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses, I'm just unsure on how popular this Bowman Chrome issue is.
    a PSA 10 sounds nice if it holds its value.

I haven't had enough exposure to modern cards to see how they play out once a player retires for instance.

I do already own the 2001 SPX auto jersey so I figure a Bowman Chrome would compliment it nicely.

• Options
    all ichiro cards have gone down some. his cards have gone down since his trade to the yankees