Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Does PCGS grade old non-US? (Regensburg 1700's?)

Tried to find the coin numbers, and only found US numbers.

Checked Registry Sets, and only found only German States coinage back to about 1850's.

I have 5 BU silver pfennings, a partial type set, beginning 1727, ending 1780, but can't determine if they slab these.

??

TIA

I remember when!

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    They will. You don't need numbers for world coin submissions.

Here's a recent thread with an even earlier coin.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've never included the numbers on any of my submissions. Seems like a big waste of time IMO since the graders don't read the submission forms anyway, and the labels ultimately say what the graders write down (not what we write on our forms).

I know this comment is regarding a competitor, but the anecdote seems appropriate ... I once submitted to ANACS. I was at a small show and the rep there was offering a discount too good to ignore. I sat down at his table and began filling out the form, writing things like the country name and denomination, year, metal type, etc. I included some KM numbers because I've often seen them on ANACS labels. He remarked, "don't bother filling all that in, the graders won't see it anyway. They don't usually include all that info on the label." I thought, gee that's odd because I've seen it included plenty of times. I also thought, why do you have the fields on the form if they aren't to be completed? I also got a coin returned to me because it was "too large to holder" even though this rep had assured me it would fit. Needless to say, I won't be using ANACS again.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE