Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

With CLCT at 14 year highs....

pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it time to sell?

Comments

• Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    I suggest you do your own research, for your specific needs.
    TahoeDale
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    I would be a buyer. For a million and a half bucks, you can own 1% of the operation.

Tougher to do with Apple or Microsoft.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    It's a 9 year high. It went as high as $22.30 in 2005 after the secondary
    Love the stock, but getting pricey. I am sticking due to the 505,000 shorts who are trapped
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a financial advisor with a major national firm, I must admit that stock conversations are lots of fun.
    However please, no one here, get stuck giving recommendations. Everyone's situation is different.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would be a buyer. For a million and a half bucks, you can own 1% of the operation.

Tougher to do with Apple or Microsoft. >>

good luck getting 75,000 shares.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I would be a buyer. For a million and a half bucks, you can own 1% of the operation.

good luck getting 75,000 shares. >>

Call Kenny Duncan. Betcha a million dollars he would sell in a private transaction.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Only 2 days of average volume. Tough part would be coming up the the million five. image
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I look at gains as free submissions. Looks like so far a few submissions got paid for. Hope tomorrow doesn't take it back.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    which one is it? i read a few posts in different threads that stated it is at a low but i've also seen a few posts, in different threads about it being up. unless we have people giving momentary glances for the position at that time and day.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    It's at the highest since 2005. Has gone up 10 straight days and 20 of past 23. Just announced dividend of 32.5c today. ex-date is Feb 12. Up almost 5% today on that.
    There are 505,000 shorts who it seems are finally covering and driving the price higher. The catalyst was the Needham Conference last week when the CEO they would cover the dividend and then some within 18 months. Nothing goes up in a straight line. Be cautious here. The movement depends on what the shorts do next.

re using rising stock price to pay for submissions, I have advocated for many years to buy 1000 shares and use the dividends to pay for submissions, Collectors Club fees, and maybe a few coins.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has what to do with coins?
  • Options

<< <i>This has what to do with coins? >>

The same could be said for half the threads here. Ignore the ones you don't care about. I do.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This has what to do with coins? >>

Don't they host this site?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I come here for relaxing time spent looking at and discussions on coins not stock advice.
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>.
    which one is it? i read a few posts in different threads that stated it is at a low but i've also seen a few posts, in different threads about it being up. unless we have people giving momentary glances for the position at that time and day.
    . >>

If you're referring to the CLCT stock is cheap again thread, take a peek at the original post date. It WAS cheap well over a year ago when that thread was started (Dec 2012). Since then it's more than doubled.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what I come here for relaxing time spent looking at and discussions on coins not stock advice. >>

How is this discussion any different from coin flipping discussion? CLCT is, after all, our host and their health is directly related to that of the coin "industry."
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Only 2 days of average volume. Tough part would be coming up the the million five. image >>

That too. You'd probably need 50 trades a day to Git R Done tho. It would be my luck that my broker would fill 35,000 shares 100 at a time.
  • Options

<< <i>So what I come here for relaxing time spent looking at and discussions on coins not stock advice. >>

Ignore the thread and stop being a gloomy gus.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the dividends pay for the renewal of the platinum membership which gives me grading on 8 coins, I see no reason for giving up that benefit.
    Not that this helps alleviate stress for those otherwise disenchanted people who would rather fight than switch, but in light of diversification, it's been good to me so far.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating this thread to say I decided to plunge in to own CLCT. I like the product and I like the dividend. It's just thinly traded which is a slight negative, but I am a buy & hold guy.
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the chart it takes a dip about every 4 years, so it's about due.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    short interest is gigantic at about 10%+ of the outstanding shares. Someone is making a huge bet that the shares will tumble.
    Coin cert rates are running at peak, hot season rates even thought this is the "slow" season. Goes ex-dividend on Aug 13.
    I think the next mover is the earnings report which should be out end of month. The June quarter was probably good and generated cash.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    Ask a cab driver what to do.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file