Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is your sports card fantasy ?

I think mine would be to travel back to my home town, walk into the old Cumberland Farms store, and see boxes of 1972 topps
football and baseball for sale near the register.

Comments

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Ya, mine is similiar, I used to go to Kay-Bee's and throw the 86-87 Fleer basketball to the side to get to the baseball.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Depends on what box I am getting ready to rip. image
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh just to have all the 50s/60s/70s sets with all the HOFers in nice PSA grades (realistically I'd do 7's for 70s, 6's for 60s and so on), and (off topic) to have a complete set of all the NES/SNES/N64/GEN cartridges would be so awesome and obviously would be the first thing I do if we ever won the lottery someday (kinda hard to do though if we never play!!). And then the second thing I would do...well...I don't know!! image Other than that I very honestly wouldn't even know what to do with most of the lottery winnings!
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busting a case of 1962 Topps Football and of course a case of 1952 Topps High numbers.
    But if that happend Im sure everything I did after that would feel like opening 1988 donruss packs, so it's a good thing that isnt possible.
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The annoying thing about ripping 1952 Topps high numbers is that you get a Mantle in like every other pack. Stupid double prints.
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Kate Upton would HAVE to be involved. image
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Kate Upton wearing only a sealed cello wrapper. :-)
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kate Upton wearing only a sealed cello wrapper. :-) >>

Yeah baby, that's what I am talking about.

Actually my fantasy would be locked in CpaMike's un-opened vault.....image

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    What would CPAMike do with a Kate Upton wrapped in cello and no wedding ring?

A mystery for the ages? Is that what it would take to turn him to a ripper?
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure everyone is familiar with that old photo of the store with all those unopened 1952 topps baseball boxes spread out and stacked up all over the table. If I had a time machine...money helps too!
  • Options
    To be the next Black Swamp find
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To be the next Black Swamp find >>

+1
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    to see every single card handled by a 3rd party agency be graded appropriately, fairly, equally and without pretense or subjectivity.

you said fantasy. image
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    To order again from this catalog

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>To order again from this catalog
    image >>

Come on, would you really spend $125.00 for a 1952 Topps set, Including HI #s? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2010/787.html

I bid on this auction and lost big time. I live in the midwest and got a steal on my house, but the cost of this set would have been more than 10% of what my house cost me.
    I am working on the Nolan Ryan master set. Need 1004 more cards to complete. I might actually spend more on plastic than I did on cardboard.
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    I would like to rip a 1961 fleer basketball box.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I would like to be on a Topps Ginter card. Not the make your own variety, but part of the issued set
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Finding An unopened box of 1959 Topps first series cards.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Win the lottery, find the owner of the only PSA 10 1963 Fleer Lance Alworth rookie and make him an astronomical offer that would be impossible to refuse.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Sell off my collection for what I paid for it all.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Kate Upton wearing only a sealed cello wrapper. :-) >>

Yeah baby, that's what I am talking about.

Actually my fantasy would be locked in CpaMike's un-opened vault.....image

Mark >>

Unfortunately for you, that will remain a fantasy. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What would CPAMike do with a Kate Upton wrapped in cello and no wedding ring?

A mystery for the ages? Is that what it would take to turn him to a ripper? >>

We have a winner, let me know where the ripping will commence. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Just found this thread, thought it would be fun to revive. Mine would be high PSA grade copies of both 1967 Topps Yaz stickers
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Topps makes an announcement that they've negotiated with Earl Campbell and will indeed issue his 1980-1986 cards.

Or that one about Kate Upton, that's even better image.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be in a boat in 1960 by the barge that had all the high # 52 TOPPS baseball on it-and intercept them before they were dumped into the ocean. Thereby saving the Mantles from a watery grave.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    If we are playing with the WABAC machine, for me it would be telling my 8th grade self to not even think about selling off most of my card collection for the class trip to Washington DC. I figured I didn't need 1976, 1977, 1978 AND 1979 copies of Johnny Bench, Reggie Jackson, Nolan Ryan, Jim Rice, Yaz, etc. - I only needed one each. Dumbest hobby move I ever made image

Beyond that - owning a PSA 10 52 Mantle and/or 66-67 Orr. I will probably at one point own a version of each card, but in a 10 - I would have a better chance of being locked in CPA Mike's vault with a cellophane wrapped Kate Upton.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    BobHBobH Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Yeah but I'll bet that trip to Washington DC was educational and a life changer..........
    Interested in 60's and 70's psa and raw star and hof cards
  • Options

<< <i>Beyond that - owning a PSA 10 52 Mantle and/or 66-67 Orr. I will probably at one point own a version of each card, but in a 10 - I would have a better chance of being locked in CPA Mike's vault with a cellophane wrapped Kate Upton. >>

Well played.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    buying a case of Topps Cleveland Indian World Champion 660 card sets.
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Have honus wagner sign his t-206
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    If we can introduce a rule to the time traveling fantasy, that the money you bring becomes equivalent to the deflated amount of that time period (hopefully that makes sense), would the goals be the same?
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Imagine getting all the way back to 1952 only to realize all the 100 dollar bills in your pocket have not yet been printed and thus no good.

You'd have to hit the currency forum before your trip to get old bills representative of the time period.

Outside of time travel, I'd be stoked to buy a storage locker full of pre-80s unopened.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Mine is simple... To own a 1979 topps baseball wax box & a PSA Lou Gehrig card, PSA 1 or 2 is fine with me, I'm not greedy
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go back to Late Summer early fall of 1952 and buy as many Topps BB and Bowman FB as I could find.
  • Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Stumble on an (authentic) T206 Wagner at a flea market, resell it, buy a sweet car/house, save enough $ to not work again, and then use a small chunk of the change to build quality NM-ish Topps sets from 1952-75.