Home Sports Talk

Keith Olbermann

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Happy Birthday. image

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Had to get the jump on Greencrow.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He had a great informative piece on a couple of previously unknown tobacco cards. Love him or hate him, he is good for the hobby.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    And he's also one of the most knowledgeable and passionate baseball fans there is.
    I liked his sports broadcast work before he took the gig at msnbc.

Kind of ignore him now.

<< <i>I liked his sports broadcast work before he took the gig at msnbc.

Kind of ignore him now. >>

Why? He not at msnbc anymore.

<< <i>

Why? He not at msnbc anymore. >>

Found his political demeanor detestable.

Sort of like listening to old Barbra Streisand music. The recorded music did not change, but my stomach turns when I hear her voice.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Confucius sez He who poops in punchbowl ruins party, but saves big money on carpet shampooer. image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sort of like listening to old Barbra Streisand music. The recorded music did not change, but my stomach turns when I hear her voice. >>

But he's not talking politics? I do not understand people who are so enslaved to their political leanings.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sort of like listening to old Barbra Streisand music. The recorded music did not change, but my stomach turns when I hear her voice. >>

But he's not talking politics? I do not understand people who are so enslaved to their political leanings. >>

You do not understand a lot of things.
    His piece on the recently departed Jerry Coleman was as eloquent and as heartfelt as any tribute I've heard.

For those whohave not had the pleasure of listening to it, here is:

Olbermann on Coleman

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

But he's not talking politics? I do not understand people who are so enslaved to their political leanings. >>

You do not understand a lot of things. >>

There's no logical explanation for dismissing a sports commentator, for his political leanings. I'm sorry you are so enslaved to your political leanings that you can't enjoy Olbermann - his nightly show is very enjoyable as he's as well prepared as anyone in the biz, and you can tell he actually enjoys sports.

But given your propensity to politicize nearly every topic, I can't say I am suprised.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olberman is a talented sports broadcaster and he has returned to the area that he does well at.

I suppose to some he was also great at MSNBC. To others he was not great at MSNBC.

When I turn on sports TV and see him, I must admit I am tempted to turn the channel because of his his time at MSNBC (though I am warming up to his sports gig because he is good at it).

Similar to when I get tempted to turn the channel on the radio when I hear Dennis Miller or Limbaugh hosting their talk shows. I did not like either when they had a Monday Night Football gig and their time on MNF causes me (along with other things) to not want to listen to them on their talk shows.

Hard to appreciate the talent that people have (i.e. Olberman, Streisand, Limbaugh, in the broadcast/entertainment field; and in the coin collecting field Walter Breen and Dr. Sheldon) when you disagree with them on politics, religion, what they have done during their lives, etc.

It is up to each person to determine were the line is, what they are willing to accept and not accept. Freedom of association gives people the right to associate or not associate with whomever they choose.

• There will never be a baseball announcer like Curt Gowdy,
    and there will never be a college football announcer like Keith Jackson.

Everyone else isn't really worth talking about.

<< <i>There will never be a baseball announcer like Curt Gowdy,

Everyone else isn't really worth talking about. >>

So Vin Scully isn't worth talking about? Coleman was a classic in his own right, too.

Ridiculous comment.

Grew up listening to Ernie Harwell.

Everyone else is B list.

<< <i>

<< <i>There will never be a baseball announcer like Curt Gowdy,

Everyone else isn't really worth talking about. >>

So Vin Scully isn't worth talking about? Coleman was a classic in his own right, too.

Ridiculous comment. >>

Not just Vin Scully, Jon Miller is pretty darned good.

And ridiculous comments are fitz's 'specialty'.

• << <i>So Vin Scully isn't worth talking about? . >>

Vin Scully is a Curt Gowdy wannabee.
    Couldn't hold Gowdy's jock on a good day.

Only an idiot would compare Scully to Gowdy.

• << <i>And well thought out comments are fitz's 'specialty'. >>

There, fixed it for ya.

<< <i>

<< <i>And racist comments are fitz's 'specialty'. >>

There, fixed it for ya. >>

<< <i>

<< <i>So Vin Scully isn't worth talking about? . >>

Vin Scully is a Curt Gowdy wannabee.
    Couldn't hold Gowdy's jock on a good day.

Only an idiot would compare Scully to Gowdy. >>

I'd rebut that asinine contention, but I have this rule about engaging those who are intellectually limited, so carry on! image

Btw, unless you're referring to a yellow jacket or honey bee, the correct term is "wannabe" not "wannabee."

• Beat me to it, but wait till next year. Happy birthday Keith! Born on the same day as Cris Collinsworth.

<< <i>Beat me to it, but wait till next year. Happy birthday Keith! Born on the same day as Cris Collinsworth. >>

You get the birthday gig back, Greencrow.

I had to do it once for the bucket list.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    I have watched KO's new show and I have enjoyed it quite a bit.

In the episodes I have seen he has kept politics out of his discussions.

Worth a look IMHO.

<< <i>In the episodes I have seen he has kept politics out of his discussions. >>

Wish folks here could do the same.

<< <i>

<< <i>In the episodes I have seen he has kept politics out of his discussions. >>

Wish folks here could do the same. >>

So do I... so do I.

<< <i>

Wish folks here could do the same. >>

Richard Sherman would also like pro football players to be less outspoken in postgame interviews, too.

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Olberman's late night show. Very entertaining, and he covers interesting topics such as the long lost tobacco baseball cards.