Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1971 OPC CFL Football... More pics added from Canada

I know nothing about CFL stuff. Time to learn!

I could have gotten other year but passed - I just dont know much about the stuff. Think I will get the rest on my next trip image

I picked up a 500-600 ct box in high grade

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    If you are looking to sell them please let me know
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Really sharp card. I'm not sure how much value the other cards in the set have but that xrc is wicked sweet
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Good luck on these !!! ---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    OPC 71 FB is even worse cut than HK
    That theisman is superb. It's easil the most valuable card in set by far.
    I collect opc HK and would also be interested.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    The Theismann is very nice but the T/B centering will really impact the grade if you choose to send it to PSA.
    Looking forward to seeing you post more pics of your finds up north.

Robb
  • Options
    I have been working on a 1964 Topps CFL set. Let me know if you get any on the next trip?
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Ok Robb,

I wasn't planning on listing a bunch of pics because I am so busy right now with everything.
    I picked up wax cases 1986,1984,1983 opc baseball. Also picked up 2 1/2 boxes 1979 OPC baseball wax along with some other boxes.
    Here is some more football I picked up (got a good 600-800 nm/nm-mt or better!)....
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Have you came across any 83 Jogo Warren Moon cards while you were in Canada? I know technically he has an 81 card so the 83 isn't his rookie... But the 83 is the one I'm using for my collection. I remember seeing in the thick annual becket in like 1990 when I was 10 and it was virtually unattainable until eBay. The card was even more mythical than the USFL cards. I was just curious if they were more common in Canada.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>Have you came across any 83 Jogo Warren Moon cards while you were in Canada? I know technically he has an 81 card so the 83 isn't his rookie... But the 83 is the one I'm using for my collection. I remember seeing in the thick annual becket in like 1990 when I was 10 and it was virtually unattainable until eBay. The card was even more mythical than the USFL cards. I was just curious if they were more common in Canada. >>

I know nothing about that card. I don't even know what it looks like.
    Next trip I may go for more CFL stuff
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

That's the '83.

I watched a lot of CFL games when Warren and the Eskimos had their dynasty.
  • Options
    THESE ARE 1989 VENDING, GOT THESE ON THE LAST TRIP..

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Holy Clemente!
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    The 83 JOGO set is really nice. It has a number of old time cfl HOFers in it after their playing years.

The 81 set is oversize (top to bottom) and mostly white with black/gray printing.

The set has several cfl rc hofers in it. However they can be found for just a dollor or two. I have been looking for a super nice Condredge Holloway. He was one of the toughest QB's to ever play the game. To bad he had to go to the cfl to play that position. Looking for a nice Moon also.

1981 JOGO Warren Moon

I am slowly trying to do a RC HOF set. The major problem is of course scarcity but condition. Not many examples of anything above ex....

Defining what is a true RC is difficult. Many could be considered food issues.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    60 1 22518967 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1971 O-PEE-CHEE CFL 13 JOE THEISMANN
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

<< <i>60 1 22518967 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1971 O-PEE-CHEE CFL 13 JOE THEISMANN >>

Way to go that is a super tough card in high grade.
  • Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Sharp Theismann!

Theismann has a bunch of different stuff issued in 1971. I have the Eddie Sargeant stamps (sticker) and the Mac's Milk cloth disc in my colection. There is also listed a Chiquita CFL all stars card and an Argonauts team issue but I've never seen them.

I always wondered why the 1971 OPC is not considered his RC. First nationally issued card for a pro-team. It's a little snobby to say it has to be US issued and the NFL too to be an RC. I guess then that the USFL Jim Kelly and Steve Young cards don't count, so just send them to me image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>60 1 22518967 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1971 O-PEE-CHEE CFL 13 JOE THEISMANN >>

Way to go that is a super tough card in high grade. >>

Awesome!! I also noticed a deckle Yaz in one of the photos. If that's available please pm me
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Tom...that Theisman looks great, congrats on the PSA 8. I noticed a bunch of 1984 opc wax boxes, do you have any for sale? I have a couple but they aren't in the best shape. Thanks-Claude
  • Options
    How would you grade these cards ?

I have both complete sets and found them in this condition...looks like they are fresh from packs

[URL=http://s883.photobucket.com/user/bibitte2/media/Cards/image_zpsuyipyz5a.jpeg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s883.photobucket.com/user/bibitte2/media/Cards/image_zpsjjauaiv5.jpeg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s883.photobucket.com/user/bibitte2/media/Cards/image_zpsy84pksuw.jpeg.html]image[/URL]