Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

***SEE MY UPDATE HERE***An open letter to all my friends on the message boards

* * * UPDATED 2-16-14 Sunday night 7:15pm * **
Thanks again all for all the kind words, offers etc. After giving this much thought and hearing offers from
some, I have finally decided to ebay most all of it. Beginning in the next couple of weeks please watch
for my auctions under "joead97dp". This week I even put up some better 1974 OPC among other things.
Once again, I appreciate all the very very kind words and "GOOD LUCKS" from all of my friends.

************************************************************************************

Hello all. I have now made a major decision about my collecting that was very difficult for me to do.

However, I have finally decided I am going to sell ALL if not most of my O-PEE-CHEE Baseball
including :

1969 #2 Set Grade average 8.0 100% Complete
1969 #3 Set Grade average 7.0 75% Complete (ALL CARDS ARE PSA 7)
1971 #5 Set Grade average 7.0 42% Complete (ALL CARDS ARE PSA 7)

1965-1993 Date Set (1 of each year) Grade Average 9.93 96.55% Complete (And 85-90% of these are PSA 10)
1965-1985 Unopened Wax Packs (1 of each year) Grade Average 9.17 85.71% Complete (And 90-95% of these are PSA 10)

1973 O-Pee-Chee Al Kaline PSA 10 POP 1 !
1975 O-Pee-Chee Al Kaline PSA 10 POP 2 !
1965 O-Pee-Chee Al Kaline PSA 8.5
1967 O-Pee-Chee Al Kaline PSA 7
1971 O-Pee-Chee Al Kaline PSA 8.5
1974 O-Pee-Chee Al Kaline PSA 8

Plus many, many more Non-Kaline OPC packs, singles, etc, as well as some other items I have been salting away for the
past 25 years!

I have made this decision, not necessarily for FINANCIAL reasons, but, I've realized the enormous value there is in this material,
my daughter getting ready to go to college, things that need to be replaced and or fixed on the home front and not to even
mention that I have decided to concentrate on my other investments that I want to move some of the money into.

This has NOT been any easy decision, because most of you that know me, traded with me, bought from me, sold to me, I have
always had a passion for those great old classic O-Pee-Chee Baseball cards. The competition has been very fierce for the
high-end material these days, and I simply do not want to go to the moon (price-wise that is!) on everything that I would like
to upgrade and improve.

However, this doesn't mean that I am NO LONGER going to be involved with OPC BB cards-NO NO NO! I will still be buying,
selling, trading on these great items, but, I just want to concentrate on mostly selling them on ebay and not "CHERRY OUT"
all the primo cards for myself, but to still be able to offer more. The way to do that is obviously have more capital as well,
and that plays a big part in this for me. I have missed out on a couple of nice deals because I could not come up with all
the money needed to buy them, and I don't EVER want that to happen again!

Going forward, I am not sure how or when I am going to start selling them, whether it is through a Large AUCTION HOUSE,
or personally running them on ebay. I am still contemplating that part.

I want to thank all who have helped me reached many of my lofty goals along the way, whom are TOO MANY to name, but,
you know who you are!

See you all soon!

Thanks,
Tony
KalineFan

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Better talk to tsalems1.
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    I always wondered who "Wax Packs of the Rough Cuts 1965-1985 Canadian Baseball" was on the OPC pack registry. Your set is amazing! Good luck with your sales.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great run, Tony. Best of luck with the sales.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Thanks ALL! I have more than just OPC stuff, but it IS my passion.....and like I said, it will continue to be so!

Tony
    KalineFan
  • Options
    Thanks a lot Mike. It was a great run, and I would like to think its not really over, just changes directions!

Tony
    KalineFan
  • Options
    Wow, its amazing when you put stuff away and forget that you have it like these:

1970 O-Pee-Chee Wax Pack PSA 9 Tom Seaver on Back
    1972 O-Pee-Chee Wax Pack PSA 9 Thurman Munson on Top
    1972 O-Pee-Chee Wax Pack PSA 9 Carlton Fisk on Back
    1972 O-Pee-Chee Wax Pack PSA 8 Willie Mays on Back
    1975 O-Pee-Chee Wax Pack PSA 9 Thurman Munson on Back

Also have an ungraded 1972 Topps Rack with Willie Mays and Harmon Killebrew IA on Top

I think I bought most of these from Steve Hart - I'm going to keep digging!

Tony
    KalineFan
  • Options
    Tony : Let me know when and how you sale some of the OPC Kalines. I'd be interested . How can I get in touch with you ? Here's my email. Thanks Mike theline06@hotmail.com
  • Options
    I have had bunches of inquiries on my OPC material.

Just to let everyone know, I have priced out my #2 set to one person, awaiting their decision.
    Once they decide they do/do not want it, I will be pricing out to them the other items.

As I stated, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but, I was trying to sell all at once.

I had one person ask on all, and then another. So to clarify and keep everyone apprised I am
    just awaiting the first decision.

Thanks again for all the enthusiastic responses, good lucks and "Quote me" messages!

You all are a kind bunch of great people on here! I hope someday I can help people in
    their quest for knowledge on these great "NORTH OF THE BORDER" cards!

Tony
    KalineFan

PS--I completely forgot the mention that I also have these singles:

-1965 O-Pee-Chee Willie Mays PSA 8
    -1965 O-Pee-Chee Roger Maris PSA 8
    -1972 O-Pee-Chee Roberto Clemente PSA 9
    -1971 O-Pee-Chee Roberto Clemente PSA 8mc-Tied for the highest grade-There are ZERO unqualified 8's and of course-ZERO higher!
  • Options
    Tony: How can I get in touch with you about your cards ? I don't see your email. My email is theline06@hotmail.com. Thanks Mike
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
    anyone selling a carew 1971 OPC psa 8 ?
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
    my bad im looking for a 1971 team angels psa 8 opc