Home Precious Metals
Options

Sunshine is a good antiseptic.

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
Congress requires foreign banks violate their own banking standards and their own sovereignty laws, and has forced them to reveal lists of account holders in order to flush out tax evaders. It's either this or face US Sanctions. As a result, many foreign banks won't even entertain opening accounts for US citizens.

If propriety is such a BFD, and if sunshine is such a BFD - why is ownership of the Federal Reserve Banks still able to escape scrutiny? What's the problem with shedding light on the ownership of these private banking institutions? Every other corporation's officers have to report their holdings quarterly because of insider trading laws. Why not the privately-held Fed Branches?

And while I'm at it, why is Congress exempt from insider trading? I suppose that all of the illegal carve-outs for more an more special groups in obamacare already provides the answer and a good example of the corruption, so nothing is really a surprise here. If you don't believe that the system is rigged (including precious metals prices and inflation), please explain why not.
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    The Fed is owned by the member banks. About 90% of the profits go back to the US Govt with the owners sharing in the spoils.

The insider trading loophole for Congress & staff was plugged within the last couple of years...after they profited handsomely.
  • Options
    The Fed is owned by the member banks. That's gobbledegook. Who owns them?

About 90% of the profits go back to the US Govt with the owners sharing in the spoils. How do you know this? Are the records public?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>
    How do you know this? Are the records public?
    >>

1. I'm not as stupid as a I look.
    2. The Fed charter, and the Congressional Records are public documents.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The insider trading loophole for Congress & staff was plugged within the last couple of years...after they profited handsomely.

insider law gutted

Smoke and Mirrors again. Sneaky as usual.
  • Options
    Yeah, and I've never seen a listing of the shareholders of each Federal Reserve Branch Bank, either. Public records, bs.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    [roll eyes]

Who owns the Federal Reserve

<< <i>The 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by the Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system, are organized similarly to private corporations--possibly leading to some confusion about "ownership." For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year. >>

[/roll eye]
  • Options
    Exactly my point. Another non-answer.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

They get a 6% dividend for destroying the world economy? image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Fed is owned by the member banks. About 90% of the profits go back to the US Govt with the owners sharing in the spoils.

The insider trading loophole for Congress & staff was plugged within the last couple of years...after they profited handsomely. >>

The profits that are returned are basically transparent items like the simple interest from TBonds....peanuts really But show me a list of the black pool of investments that the FED owns....MBS's, etc.
    Member banks have owners too (Rothschilds, JPMorgan, Bank of England, Rockefeller, Warburg, Lazzard, etc.). Those are the names we'd be looking for in search of finding the real owners of the FED and 12 FED banks as
    those same people originally had a role in the passage of the FED RESERVE act in 1913. They didn't help create the FED for the benefit of Joe Six Pack. They did it to profit by it. If not, why then all the secrecy at that time?
    (ie the creature from Jeckyll Island).
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in 1913. They didn't help create the FED for the benefit of Joe Six Pack.

Choose...J6Ps life in 1913 or 2013?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old codgers in 1913 and 1813 and 1713 and all the way back to 2013 BC have always said,

"These kings are destroying the world! These kids these days are lazy bums! Oh, for the good old days of my youth, when life was perfect!"

Our grandkids will someday say the same thing about these times. It's the way of things. It's the rare individual that can appreciate the present and profit and prosper.

For almost everyone is too busy either looking back with regret, or forward with anxiety. The media doesn't help, and lunatic fringe sites are particularly culpable

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Old codgers in 1913 and 1813 and 1713 and all the way back to 2013 BC have always said,

"These kings are destroying the world! These kids these days are lazy bums! Oh, for the good old days of my youth, when life was perfect!"

Our grandkids will someday say the same thing about these times. It's the way of things. It's the rare individual that can appreciate the present and profit and prosper.

For almost everyone is too busy either looking back with regret, or forward with anxiety. The media doesn't help, and lunatic fringe sites are particularly culpable >>

What's a good lunatic fringe site to visit?
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

These people are nuts too silverseek forum