Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Netherlands Error Medal or Coin? Multiple Errors - Attribution assistance please

Hello all - this came into the shop and I was intrigued.

Both the obverse and reverse show a MisAligned Die and the coin/medal also seems to be a rotated reverse. Could some please inform me if this is a coin or a medal and then what orientation should it exhibit?

In the pic shown I am showing it as I see it when I flip it (like a US Coin) and not like a medal (i.e. medal turn).

Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014

Comments

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Not an error coin; these were struck this way on purpose by design. It's a 10 Euro 2002, a commemorative issued to celebrate the marriage of the then Prince (now King). KM #243, with about $10 in silver. It's current exchange rate is about $13.50 and that's what it's worth at most.

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Also, it's not a rotated die. These are foreign coins so they are different from US coins. In your picture you have to rotate it 90 degrees to the right. You'll see two faces. Struck that way on purpose for whatever reason.

Dennis

• Options
    jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    Very good - thanks Dennis! Foreign coins are definitely not my area so thank you!

I only have the silver value into it, actually less than that, so no harm no fowl.

Thanks again!
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014