Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NFL 1st Starts/Debuts ............................

A thread for one of my ticket collecting themes. First Starts/and or Games of NFL Quarterbacks

Eli Manning First start 11/21/2004 against the Falcons

Starting QB for the Vikings in Super Bowl IV Joe Kapp's first start

And the ol' Snake himself Ken Stabler first start against the Eagles in 1971

And Lastly, a last game of one of the greats, Johnny U's final hurrah against the Chiefs in 73

Comments

• Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Nice!!! Lover the Stabler and Johnny U!
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ice, those are my favorites so far too.

If anyone sees any tickets for Super Bowl QB's first starts let me know.

Thanks !

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Nice haul! I snagged a MLB debut ticket for my Frank Thomas collection just last week.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    nice collection - Johnny U - SD Chargers - so wrong
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super array Barry!

<< <i>And the ol' Snake himself Ken Stabler first start against the Eagles in 1971 >>

That was Stabler's only start vs Lamonica that year. Have no idea why? I'm guessing Lamonica was injured?

Very nice additions - congratulations.
    Mike
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    That's a cool collecting theme. Wonder what a Namath debut game ticket would be worth?
  • Options

<< <i>That's a cool collecting theme. Wonder what a Namath debut game ticket would be worth? >>

Somebody on E-bay was selling a full ticket to Namath's first Win for well over a $1000, I figure his first game would be about the same depending on the condition.

• Options

<< <i>Super array Barry!

<< <i>And the ol' Snake himself Ken Stabler first start against the Eagles in 1971 >>

That was Stabler's only start vs Lamonica that year. Have no idea why? I'm guessing Lamonica was injured?

Very nice additions - congratulations. >>

Stoney, I don't think the Mad Bomber was hurt, looks like he just came in the game later. He had as many completions as Stabler did that game. Madden was probably just testing out the young arm.

• Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Very cool items.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    Hope you guys don't mind. I'm gonna put my Montana First Start in here as well, just so I can have them all in one place.

• Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    That Johnny U ticket was a pretty good seat. Think that's a $140+ seat today.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I echo what was said above- very cool theme to collect!
  • Options
    Thanks for the accolades guys. I am hoping PSA will agree about the theme and grant my wishes to start a Set Registry for Super Bowl QB's First Starts. I think by collecting QB's who have started a Super Bowl I will be able to hit most of the good QB's who have played in the last 50 years or so. When you get back into the 40's and 50's Quarterbacks it becomes very difficult to distinguish when their first start was, as records are incomplete. You go back a decade before that and it is even difficult to tell who played QB, they had so many different roles on the team. I plan on working on this, along with the NFL Folklore set, and a set registry for records. I believe by adding some sets of common themes that most ticket collectors like to follow will draw more interest and ticket collecting will become more popular.

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Good luck with this, hope PSA recognizes it, awesome project / idea.
  • Options
    Very nice tickets! I love the Montana tix. I know a Favre first start full ticket (against the steelers) is quite valuable. At least it used to be.
    Collecting Unopened Material 1975-1985 and Full World Series Tickets 1970-Present
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff Barry! I recently started buying Navy tickets from Staubach's three years there, now I'm going to have to go and find a first Cowboys start one!
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Added a big one today...........Tom Brady's first start/win

• Options

<< <i>Very nice tickets! I love the Montana tix. I know a Favre first start full ticket (against the steelers) is quite valuable. At least it used to be. >>

Yes, I know of one listed on E-bay now that is just about 10 percent of the ticket is listed for $295. I have seen almost full tickets for Favre's first start go for over $1000.

• Options

<< <i>Great stuff Barry! I recently started buying Navy tickets from Staubach's three years there, now I'm going to have to go and find a first Cowboys start one! >>

Abe, if you find one you are going to have to outbid me for it. image

Staubach's first start was against the Cardinals in 1969.

• Options
    Picked up the 49er's 2012 season ticket lot today with Kaepernick's first start against the Bears.

• Options
    Three more 1st game/NFL Debut tickets came today.............

A.J. Green/Andy Dalton Nfl Debut's

#2 Jay Cutler Nfl Debut/1st TD

#3 Brandon Marshall NFL Debut

• Options
    Joe Flacco/Ray Rice first Game

Aaron Rodgers 1st Start

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    as a Packer ticket collector i love this thread.

i know some one that has a nice PSA 10 full Favre first start and first TD/Win tickets. its not me. one of these years i will purchase them off the owners.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Did you submit your registry set idea on Super Bowl QB first start tix?

Great progress.
  • Options
    A few tickets up I posted Tom Brady's first start. This ticket is for Brady's NFL Debut. This was the first time Brady ever saw any action in the NFL. That's right, before all the Super Bowl's, all the Pro Bowls, cover shoots for GQ ,and super model wife, Brady entered a Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit. He went 1 for 3 for 6 yards as the Lions killed the Pats on turkey day in 2000. This was his only appearance of the 2000 season. Brady wouldn't see any more action until September 23, 2001 against the Jets, when Drew Bledsoe was knocked out of the game and Brady came in in relief. The next week Brady would get his first start against the Colts (ticket pictured above) and the rest is history.

• Options

<< <i>Did you submit your registry set idea on Super Bowl QB first start tix?

Great progress. >>

Hi Tom,

Yes, I submitted my list to PSA about a week ago. I have heard back from Ashley & Cosetta, and they tell me they are in the process of adding it to the registry. It should only be a matter of weeks before I am able to see it up and running.

• Options
    Andrew Luck NFL Debut...........

This one isn't a first start or debut ticket, but it was a first. This was the first Manning Bowl.

• Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭
    Those tickets are gorgeous! Do you every think of getting them signed?
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    Currently I am attempting to persuade PSA into starting several set registries for themes I am/will be collecting. So I wouldn't want to get these signed as most of them will be graded.

• Options
    It isn't pretty, but I got one.

Brett Favre's 1st start of his 297.....................

• Options
    Added quite a few recently............

Needed this one for my Super Bowl QB's 1st Start Registry Set. Brad Johnson's First NFL Start

The next two are of a young QB who I think is going to improve over the next few years. Nick Foles NFL Debut & First Start game tickets

Next, is the NFL Debut of Eli Manning......

This next one is the debut game ticket of the best TE in the NFL.......Jimmy Graham's NFL Debut

• Options
    Jim Kelly's NFL Debut