Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

German guys: 1934 5 marks (KM#82) RPM?

Or is this what the MM is supposed to look like?

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of unfortunately appearing to be a post-mint strike from another coin or something.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    I have something similar to this. Mine looks like a G over D mint mark. It is on a five or ten pfennig I think. Will search it out next week. Going to Albany this weekend for my youngest grandsons first birthday party.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have something similar to this. Mine looks like a G over D mint mark. It is on a five or ten pfennig I think. Will search it out next week. Going to Albany this weekend for my youngest grandsons first birthday party.
    Olmanjon >>

Another shot. It doesn't look like pmd to me...

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Found two of the 1934d 5 mark coins and neither of mine have the d mint mark looking like yours. Haven't located my other coin that looks like yours yet.
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Greetings and to me it does look touched up, I collect German Empire, Weimar and 3rd Reich coins by date and mint. I have many that appear to be like yours. I wish there was a book on them, I have done a search Online with no luck. I have a few that are grossly obvious and a bunch more like yours that need to be looked at pretty close to see. I have not seen anyone collecting them per se other than as I do when they come along to fill a spot in the collection. I have seen a few for sale listed as errors or mint re-engravings but not commanding any premium. I have no way to send photos at this time but I have a duplicate that is exactly the same as yours, date and mint but its a little more worn than yours. I have also got an Empire 10 pfennig that has an E mintmark and a G mintmark. Sorry I can't tell you more as far rarity or value. I will keep following along and see if anyone chimes in with any ideas.

Rick
    BTW, I'm back from Yeti land after a couple of years!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the input, guys. It certainly seems like something is going on!
    --Severian the Lame