J.R.
Needs'
1972 Football-9's high#'s
1965 Football-8's
1958 Topps FB-7-8

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THIS SITUSATION??

FIRST TIME DEALING IN THIS TYPE of $$ SITUATRIN
    >>

IT'S A REALLY NICE BALL. IT'S QUITE A DIFFICULT SITUSATRIN YOU'RE IN THERE!
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    what legal ramifications are you bound to by the consignment?

IMF

P.S. Neat Ball !
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I am confused, you did turn down the first two offers, yes?? So if you have already committed to selling it with Huggins, what is it that you are worried about?? Besides the auto, what makes this ball so valuable??
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    The fact that it's a relatively clean signature on a Harridge OAL makes it a big deal. You'll do fine.

I don't think it'll go for $60,000, but I would expect it to approach or pass the $29,000 mark. If you consigned the ball to Bill then I would honor your word and leave it in the auction. Don't reneg.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    i should double the $29,000

Auction houses will tell you whatever you need to hear to obtain your item. Who are you going to give it to? The guy who tells you it should go for $35k or the guy who tells you it should go for $58k. Don't worry if it doesn't hit that number, there will always be a perfectly good reason as to why it didn't, like the economy, olympics, weather, global events, gas prices, etc. Maybe next time.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    They should change the minimum bid to $58,000 for you.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    watch it...good luck!
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    Let it ride. Other than money what have you got to lose!
  • Options
    $16K
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I probably would have jumped on the $29,000. I hope for your sake that I am wrong!
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I'd leave it up to the experts at Heritage.
    Granted its a marketing strategy to get your consignment but remember they do this for a living and know the history.
    from what I've seen all big money items have usually met their estimated sale point.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    What commission rate did you negotiate? I assume an item of that value you should be able to get commission free auction, which means that a buyer would have to pay $34,365 (with buyers premium) in order for you to net $29,000.

If you are paying a 10% commission rate then a buyer would have to pay $38,183 (with buyers premium based on a hammer price of $32,222) in order to net you the $29,000.

I personally don't think it will go that high due to their description (the thumbs up from JSA and the unable to render opinion from PSA/DNA). That will scare off some of the more money than time type people that are loyal to our hosts name brand, and will put some doubts in people's minds that like "bragging rights" type items. I do hope that I'm wrong though and I hope for your sake that you have at least two deep pocketed collectors that REALLY want it, and that don't like to lose. It only takes two!!!

very sweet ball, hopefully they have a couple of targets lined up for ya already from their bidder base

Good luck!!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Great ball. Good luck! I hope it exceeds your expectations. Definately a rare piece.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am confused, you did turn down the first two offers, yes?? So if you have already committed to selling it with Huggins, what is it that you are worried about?? Besides the auto, what makes this ball so valuable?? >>

I worded it wrong,really wanted to hear what others would have done? They do have ball so no reneg on my part,not my style.

Mike-Yes I was able to get the best deal % wise being they wanted it to be the showcase item
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    $23,000

Looks like the ball sold for $23,000. I'm not sure what % you're getting, but it looks like you did alright. Sorry no $60K image

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$23,000

Looks like the ball sold for $23,000. I'm not sure what % you're getting, but it looks like you did alright. Sorry no $60K image >>

Yeah still not bad,considering..Woulda coulda shoulda for next few days but it is what it is.
    I sure should have done a little more research,but lesson learned.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8