Home Sports Talk
Options

Your strange stadium stories.

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
What weird stuff has happened to you during a pro sporting event?

In the late seventies, my friend had tickets to see the Wings at the Olympia. We sat next to his cousin and her boyfriend. I knew neither.

In the beginning of the 3rd period. We all jumped up to celebrate a Wings goal. The boyfriend accidentally kicked his full beer into the open purse belonging to a lady in the row ahead.

We all sort of looked at each other, and kept our mouths shut.

Lousy story but I will come up with something better.

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    me and a few buddies attended the Stanley Cup Finals in '93 when the Kings played Montreal, great seats for Game 3, right behind a luxury box above the concourse.

we stood for the anthems and the crowd was in a frenzy right up to opening faceoff, but the people in the luxury box in front of us didn't sit down right away, so the dude sitting next to me started cussing them out and yelled at them to "Sit the F&%K DOWN!!!!"

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman turned towards us with a wry smile and tight-lipped an apology before taking his seat. his cronies gave us dirty looks. image

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    When the Cubs started giving Wrigley Field Stadium tours, a friend and I went to one of the first Saturday tours. This was back in the olden days when the team opened up the entire outfield area where you could play catch after your tour was over. Well we didn't know this and were kinda bummed that we didn't know or we would have brought a ball and glove. But then 40 years of watching the Cubs gave me a moment to channel my inner Jose Cardenal. I walked over to the left field outfield wall, gabbed the ivy, and gave it a couple of tugs, and sonovagun, out fell a baseball. So we were able to play catch in outfield at WF after all.

In case this story isnt strange enough, insert this ending instead:

I walked over to the left field wall, grabbed the ivy, and gave it a couple of tugs, and the next thing I know, all the ivy came loose and fell off the wall and onto the warning track. We hightailed it outta there and didn't stop until we got to 35th and Shields and had to convert to White Sox fans for hiding. But I did end up freeing a half dozen old players from the 50's who've been missing all this time.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A number of years ago I was at an orioles game. We sat right behind home plate. And sitting right behind us was Melvin Mora's wife and his 5 children who are quintuplets. Kinda neat.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)