Home Sports Talk

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    She would be worse off if they paid her per win.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Oh ya but the tips!
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Al Davis still rules from the grave. never doubt this.
  • They are certainly worth more than that - they bring more talent on the field than those players who claim to be a football team.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was common knowledge that the cheerleaders weren't paid much if any salary.

Plenty of jobs pay below minimum wage. If you apply for and accept the conditions, you should live up to your agreement.

She COULD sue however claiming watching the Raiders is "cruel and inhuman punishment" LOL.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    As a raider fan ease up guys !!!!!!!!!
    It's not easy staying loyal

$5/hr really ??????
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    ...and they're expected to NOT fraternize with the dozens good-looking millionaires constantly walking around them? Riiiiight...
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I don't know about their allegations but I know the NFL cheerleading gig is more about the perceived glamour than the money. The cheerleading squads cover their operating costs primarily by their ancillary products like promotional appearance hires, calendars, etc.

Some non local members of the 49ers Gold Rush, the cheerleading squad for the 49ers, live in shared units in my complex during the season so I run into them frequently (some of the 49ers players do also but that's another story). I also know a former Denver Broncos cheerleader (last season for her was 2012). NFL cheerleading is not a full time job nor does it pay much. The women do it for the exposure. Most of the women hold full time jobs that offer flexible hours (realtors, auto sales, etc.), jobs that offer free evenings and weekends (teachers, bankers, government workers) or are full time students. For those who are aspiring models or professional dancers it's a good step on the ladder towards their ultimate goals.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...and they're expected to NOT fraternize with the dozens good-looking millionaires constantly walking around them? Riiiiight... >>

According to the women they do not practice anywhere near the team nor have they met most of the players. Their practice is either very early in the morning or in the evenings and often at a separate facility from football operations. The only time they ever see their team is during the game itself.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>...and they're expected to NOT fraternize with the dozens good-looking millionaires constantly walking around them? Riiiiight... >>

According to the women they do not practice anywhere near the team nor have they met most of the players. Their practice is either very early in the morning or in the evenings and often at a separate facility from football operations. The only time they ever see their team is during the game itself. >>

If you believe that, you'll believe anything... lol

Could get a raise to $10.10 If the feds buy the team.
  • 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    10.10 an hour? That should be 15.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<10.10 an hour? That should be 15.>>>

Careful....you could ignite a 300-post thread here...
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimum wage is a joke but no one should be laughing. Why only give benefits to the ones lucky enough to have employment? With high unemployment and many others who have simply given up the search, disheartened, discouraged, beaten down by the system, it is time for a minimum income for all. I think $50,000 is just about right. That is low enough that those who think they can do better will continue their ambitions. Those who have difficulties can still live with dignity. To actually make this a benefit there should be no cuts in food, medical, or any other benefits already received. It is time to win the "War on poverty."
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> a surgeon will not offer his services if a fast food worker is being paid the same amount as him. In fact we would run out of Surgeons quick >>

Ralph may be on to something........
  • 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Who was suggesting fast food workers make the same as a surgeon?
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who was suggesting fast food workers make the same as a surgeon? >>

I misread Ralphs post, I thought he said $50K Salary for EVERYONE not a MINIMUM $50K Salary

Im going back and editing m,y post.

Sorry for the confusion
    Sorry. Thought he said Sturgeon.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is done,,,,,,, she won't be back next year after the BOSS reads of this,,,,,

I ass/u/me the girls know what the pay is before they join up???

JMHO, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)

• << <i>Minimum wage is a joke but no one should be laughing. Why only give benefits to the ones lucky enough to have employment? With high unemployment and many others who have simply given up the search, disheartened, discouraged, beaten down by the system, it is time for a minimum income for all. I think $50,000 is just about right. >>

It is a great sentiment, and if we were able to do that, everyone would be better off. The only barrier is figuring out where the money would come from. I wouldn't be smart enough to come up with a solution. If you are, though, you could earn far more than $50 000 from your ideas
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    The referees were blowing it a lot this year and getting paid more to do it.

Maybe the cheerleader is thinking along these lines?

<< <i>

<< <i>Minimum wage is a joke but no one should be laughing. Why only give benefits to the ones lucky enough to have employment? With high unemployment and many others who have simply given up the search, disheartened, discouraged, beaten down by the system, it is time for a minimum income for all. I think $50,000 is just about right. >>

It is a great sentiment, and if we were able to do that, everyone would be better off. The only barrier is figuring out where the money would come from. I wouldn't be smart enough to come up with a solution. If you are, though, you could earn far more than $50 000 from your ideas >>

In the best Marx and Engels tradition. It would be simple. It costs nearly nothing to print money, so handing everyone $1000 a week is the least of the problems. Difficulty is on the supply side. Few would want to work so no one would be around to flip the burgers and pizzas that we so desire.

Lines would be out the door and shortages would be the norm. Study the Soviet Union of the 1980's and you will see what a failure government controlled markets have always been. East Germany fared a bit better, but not by much.