Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Finally! After over a year my variations are in! 1967 Punch-outs

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
I asked PSA to add the variations of the 1967 Punch-outs in October of 2012. There wasn't much information out there, but the card with Killebrew as "Team Captain" had three different groups of players in the "lineups".

Tom Bartsch of SCD was a great help in documenting the fact that these are in fact actual variations. Most if not all of the players in the set have at least two different variations and some have as many as five!

I was able to get my cards graded as different items and today with the help of, YES of course, Cosetta Robbins the Harmon KIllebrew Master and Master Topps sets were updated!

I have attached scans of the cards. I think they are pretty cool!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fine job!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those do look cool!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    SCD checklists the set by team captains, but as Joes says, there are line up variations for each captain. I have a set of captains, but have never pursued the line up variants. I know Larry Serota has.But there are also pose variations for some of the captains...Clemente, F Robinson, M Alou and Mantle. I do not have the 2nd Clemente yet. Although they are check listed by SCD , I do not think they are in the Registry. Since I am not a graded guy, i do not really care

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Al!

Thanks for chiming in. As of yesterday PSA was still not going to let them in, so when the relented, I was VERY happy.

I am obviously "hooked" on the registry and having lots of fun with all the "crap" I was buying in the last 25 years.

Joe

edited to add; SWEET lineup on the Mantle card with Kaat pitching!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    i see koufax is on some cards. he was retired then. this seems to be a big mistake?
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Although they are listed as a 1967 issue, when they were distributed on on limited retail basis in 3 strip packs, it could be they were actually produced in 1966. There are prototypes, in color in a somewhat different format, that were unissued and are quite rare. They are often referred to as 66 Punch Outs. Koufax appears in that product as well

Text
    Text
    Text
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al