Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

17 card 1981 Popy Kajiwara Wrestling Card Set PSA graded, scans here

I am very excited to have these cards in PSA slabs. So far all 32 cards in the pop report are in my collection. My Hogan is there now and I need to find me a nice Race to finish off the set. I ended up selling this Harley Race card with the figure. Amazingly enough, some of the figures with the card to them to the right would have rubberbands around the cards. The rubberband stained the Race card. So right now I just have 16 of the 17 cards with 15 in slabs to date and the Hogan will soon follow. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Abdullah The Butcher A

Abdullah the Butcher B

Andre the Giant A

Andre the Giant B

Antonio Inoki A

Antonio Inoki B

Bob Backlund

Dory Funk Jr.

Giant Baba

Harley Race

Hulk Hogan

Mil Mascaras A

Mil Mascaras B

Stan Hansen

Terry Funk

Tiger Mask A

Tiger Mask B
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    Congrats Rob, very nice set!
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool looking set, nice cards.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards Rob! These look great in the holder.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards. Look great slabbed
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very nice and they looked great slabbed!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Mascaras B says "productions" instead of "wrestling" and Abdullah B says Kajiwar instead Kajiwara.....
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Growing pains of a new graded set I suppose.
  • Options

<< <i>Growing pains of a new graded set I suppose. >>

Does not say much for consistency....oh well. Very minor issue in the scheme of things and I can live with it...........
  • Options
    god Abdullah makes me sick looking at him.

He is the nicest guy but his scars on his head and his body just makes me ill.

I edit almost all my posts because my auto correct is crazy !
  • Options
    I am pretty excited as these were just added as a set to the PSA set registry and it only took just over a week or so to add them. I have 15 of 17 for my first set and then 13 of 17 for having another set. I do have some raw to sub so hopefully I can make some improvements to this tough Japanese set.
  • Options
    I just went and looked. Very nice. Hopefully it inspires some other folks too to submit their Popy cards.
  • Options
    Great set. I got execited when I saw a Popy hogan figure for sale on eBay... And then realized it was your cardless figure.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>Great set. I got execited when I saw a Popy hogan figure for sale on eBay... And then realized it was your cardless figure. >>

The Hogan is getting a lot of eyeballs. I hope that just by listing it, I can find others that have Popy figures and cards.......sorry to disappoint you Eagles. If there is ever a true auction on ebay of a MOC 1981 Hulk Hogan figure, it would be fascinating to follow the bidding for sure.

• Options
    My "roached" Hogan, but a Hogan none-the-less:

• Options
    Did you open your Mascaras Popy to get the Hogan.......?
  • Options
    Negative. I still have a sealed pack with Mil showing and the Hogan figure. I worked a deal with the original buyer for it.
  • Options
    I bought another Abby Popy figure. I think I am going to crack it open and see what the cards are inside. I wrote down the cards from the first figure I opened so I am very curious to know if the same cards will be in this one. I would love to find another Hogan card and get the lowest graded one signed and red flipped PSA DNA.
  • Options
    good luck. Given the rarity and the collectability of the figures.. i think that this hogan is best wrestling card you can get.
  • Options
    I'm convinced the Hogan is only a header card, but I hope I will get proven wrong. Let us know what you come up with.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm convinced the Hogan is only a header card, but I hope I will get proven wrong. Let us know what you come up with. >>

This is very interesting. I would be happy with a Harley Race card as well. The Andre B card is very tough to find and I would love to get one of those. The B cards seem to be a bit tougher to locate as well for the packs I opened and some of the loose singles that I have seen available.
  • Options

<< <i>good luck. Given the rarity and the collectability of the figures.. i think that this hogan is best wrestling card you can get. >>

I still believe that the Hulk Hogan card is vastly underrated. I may play the crack out game one of these days with my PSA 7. I think I can go up a point to a PSA 8.
  • Options
    It's definitely almost impossible to find for sure.
  • Options
    I have upgraded my set significantly and have moved some of my spares. I really love the imagery of the set and had thought that the cards would have more momentum from wrestling card collectors but it has been slower than I thought. I am still "bullish" on this set and hope that a high grade Hogan hits the market. I think that there is some proof that rarity of the Popy Hogan is very true. I do know that some collectors have been looking for that single, but they are coming up empty handed. Considering the price on the Hogan figure on card, it is tough to imagine that anyone would crack it open for the Hogan card at this point. This is fun to monitor......
  • Options
    I agree. That hogan should be a huge card IMO. it seems to be a short print from an already rare and expensive set.
  • Options
    The Hogan is definitely the short print in the set and given the fact that half or more of the sealed figures don't even have his card in them lend to its rarity.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree. That hogan should be a huge card IMO. it seems to be a short print from an already rare and expensive set. >>

Not only is the Hogan a rarity but the Harley Race seems to be a very tough card too. As I have previously stated, the insert B cards are fairly tough also. I have been acquiring my share of Popy cards over the last few years and even my duplicate set is not complete. I think that some collectors will not even go after the set if the cards are not attainable to find. While I love the set for many reasons, other collectors may just get frustrated and never start on this set. It takes a great deal of patience to find the cards.