Home Sports Talk
Options

Are Seattle and Denver the two best teams in the NFL this year?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have had my doubts about Denver all year (particularly its defense), but I am coming around. The team has played very well in the post season and appears to be putting it all together at the right time.

Seattle's defense is top notch and its offense is capable of putting points on the board.

Both teams steamrolled through the regular season and both have played great as the #1 seeds in the playoffs.

This has been one of the more enjoyable seasons to watch (as a Bronco fan) since Mr. Ed retired after the 1999 Superbowl victory over Atlanta.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two top seeds squaring off. I'd say yes.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Si.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, although some deal with this better than others. image

#1 O vs #1 D. It gets no better.

I just worry about Seattle keeping up offensively. Manning is a freak....

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Yes, although some deal with this better than others. image

#1 O vs #1 D. It gets no better.

I just worry about Seattle keeping up offensively. Manning is a freak....

Dave >>

I think having Harvin back and this being THE final game, the offense will be more like what was seen the last 4 weeks of last year, and the first 8 or so of this year.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    The Seattle offense just put up 23 points on the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL. They will put points on Denver, especially with Harvin out there ---- even if just as a decoy. I like both teams but would like to see Denver win because this may be his last opportunity to shut up some of the uneducated who truly question his all time ranking/greatness. Plus, I think this Seattle team will get more chances over the next several years.

That being said, I think Seattle's defense is going to be able to shut down enough of Manning's receivers. Manning will still take his chances and be picked at least 2 times.

Prediction Seattle 31 - Denver - 24.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    each state which is represented in the upcoming Super Bowl also has the most liberal legal structure regarding the use of marijuana. currently more liberal than any other.

after inhaling several super bowls, how many fans will still be conscious for the kickoff? or will the survivors be too enamored with the nachos and pizza to bother watching? and will the scent hovering over Met Life be that of manly testosterone or skunk?

• Options

<< <i>each state which is represented in the upcoming Super Bowl also has the most liberal legal structure regarding the use of marijuana. currently more liberal than any other.

after inhaling several super bowls, how many fans will still be conscious for the kickoff? or will the survivors be too enamored with the nachos and pizza to bother watching? and will the scent hovering over Met Life be that of manly testosterone or skunk? >>

And false reports of people overdosing will be rampant.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yeah, well, i've OD'd on nachos before and there's nothing false about it. image
  • Options

<< <i>yeah, well, i've OD'd on nachos before and there's nothing false about it. image >>

I've gone through a whole package of Oreos on more than one occasion. Then there's Dirt Cake, pints of cookie dough ice cream, and...

Ooops, I meant I've heard of someone going through...

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I compiled some great pot sellers and smokers B-roll video here in Seattle if anyone is interested. LOL
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    If either team could install Tony Romo as their starting QB, the game would be a blowout.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>If either team could install Tony Romo as their starting QB, the game would be a blowout. >>

I know, Seattle would pick him off like....a bazillion times! image
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On man, if it were only Romo, vs Manning, that we were facing.....oh man, my confidence would be 500% higher.

I guess that's why Super Bowls rings are hard to come by.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

It seems like most recent years there has always been an underdog team going farther then they were expected and beating a big favorite either in the playoffs or to make the playoffs while knocking someone else out. This year, it seems the 'Cos and 'Hawks were at least near the top all the way, got the #1 seeds and finished their games.

So, I think for now it's the two best teams with other teams all having their own issues. I don't know that either team will be quite as good a year or 2 from now. Should be a good game.

JJacks
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Football outsiders ranked Seattle and Denver 1-2 in DVOA. Seattle had the fifth best season according to DVOA since 1989, and they finished 2012 number one as well.

DVOA is a measure of every single play a team makes and compares it to a league average baseline.

This is the first time since 2002 and only the third time since 1989 th top two DVOA teams made to Super Bowl.