Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Reports of Kaepernick's Rapid Rise to Super-Stardom Are Greatly Exaggerated - And So Are the Pri

Note: I am not a Seahawks fan...

General Observation: Kaepernick - you are no Joe Montana or Steve Young.

Scratching my head why many in the media prop him up like he already has a Superbowl ring?

Fumble and 2 x picks in a NFC championship game w/ 50%ish completions...doesn't demonstrate superstar status.

Rushing stats mean nothing...ask Michael Vick...the great ones simply make plays and lead their teams to victory....no matter the circumstances (i.e. poor defense, injuries, no o-line, on the road, etc.). The great ones don't run their mouths about respect...in the words of someone from Jersey...."those who want respect, get respect..."

Kaepernick: You are no Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Bart Starr, Staubach, Bradshaw, Tom Brady, Manning (both), etc.

May be one day you will get there....just not today.

So I also don't understand why some 1/1 auto RC of yours goes more than Joe Montana?

Joe Montana PSA 10 RC

2011 Kaepernick 1/1 Auto RC

Media: stop your love fest with this clown...move on to someone more worthy.

Love the hat, dude!

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI that Montana sale turned out to be a bogus card.

I am not defending the price but one thing you are forgetting is that only one person can say they own that card.

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Kaepernick has done one thing that no other 49er QB IN HISTORY has ever done: lose a Superbowl.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Modern cards with autographs and low serial numbers tend to get wacky prices sometimes. Didn't that 1/1 Stephen Strasberg superfractor sell for $15k before he even threw a pitch in the majors?

• Options

<< <i>Modern cards with autographs and low serial numbers tend to get wacky prices sometimes. Didn't that 1/1 Stephen Strasberg superfractor sell for $15k before he even threw a pitch in the majors? >>

Yep. I remember watching it get bid up to 1 million on EBAY and then watching everyone cancel their bids.

If they went to the Super Bowl this card might have gained a few grand in reality for a short period of time.

• Options
    I don't think he is a bad quarterback. I picked up a few of his rookie cards, and feel OK with what I paid. They got robbed in this evenings game though. The refs were clearly on Seattle's side. This kind of stuff doesn't usually bother me, but I was livid when I saw fans throwing food at Bowman after his injury. Then Sherman went on his "don't talk about me" screaming, psycho rant after the game. No mention about the other team playing well, or any sportsmanship. It's all just so classless, and left a bad taste in my mouth. As much as I like Russell Wilson, I wish that I wouldn't have purchased his cards, because I now hate his team.
  • Options
    Wasn't he supposed to shave his eyebrow?
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think he is a bad quarterback. I picked up a few of his rookie cards, and feel OK with what I paid. They got robbed in this evenings game though. The refs were clearly on Seattle's side. This kind of stuff doesn't usually bother me, but I was livid when I saw fans throwing food at Bowman after his injury. Then Sherman went on his "don't talk about me" screaming, psycho rant after the game. No mention about the other team playing well, or any sportsmanship. It's all just so classless, and left a bad taste in my mouth. As much as I like Russell Wilson, I wish that I wouldn't have purchased his cards, because I now hate his team. >>

What? This is Wilson's fault?

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Wilson is all class but other members of the Seahawks are a complete embarrassment to other NFL players, and that says a lot, LOL.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Wilson is all class but other members of the Seahawks are a complete embarrassment to other NFL players, and that says a lot, LOL. >>

Whatever you say dude. Perhaps you and your wraslin' cards should go here

So bitter because your crybaby coach and punk of a QB lost and all of a sudden the team that beat you is classless. P/K/B
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wilson is all class but other members of the Seahawks are a complete embarrassment to other NFL players, and that says a lot, LOL. >>

So bitter because your crybaby coach and punk of a QB lost and all of a sudden the team that beat you is classless. P/K/B >>

I didn't say all, but Sherman is very tough to defend....... what is your view on the interview he gave? And his antics with Crabtree or Trent Williams of Washington for punching him for acting the way he acts? Taunting Calvin Johnson....cool dude.

I have a favorable view of Kaep (I said Wilson too). I think Kaep is a good guy from all that I have heard. My high school friend recently had a baby girl with down syndrome and she has been at UCSF medical center since she was born with heart problems and other medical issues. Kaep came into her room and gave her a signed "onesie" without any cameras and lifted the spirits of the parents. I just don't see him as a bad guy from any accounts that I have heard about.

The Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll thing, I think they are both great coaches and would want either on my side.........

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

So bitter because your crybaby coach and punk of a QB lost and all of a sudden the team that beat you is classless. P/K/B >>

I didn't say all, but Sherman is very tough to defend....... what is your view on the interview he gave? And his antics with Crabtree or Trent Williams of Washington for punching him for acting the way he acts? Taunting Calvin Johnson....cool dude.

I have a favorable view of Kaep (I said Wilson too). I think Kaep is a good guy from all that I have heard. My high school friend recently had a baby girl with down syndrome and she has been at UCSF medical center since she was born with heart problems and other medical issues. Kaep came into her room and gave her a signed "onesie" without any cameras and lifted the spirits of the parents. I just don't see him as a bad guy from any accounts that I have heard about.

The Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll thing, I think they are both great coaches and would want either on my side......... >>

I like both quarterbacks and the competitiveness between them. We know Russell Wilson is a class act, no doubt. We know Sherman was coming off an emotional play and win. There was apparently some type of personal attack between them last year. Either way, that's how it goes. For the 12th Man, to throw food and sh*t at an injured player is BS and classless. Enough said on that. On Kaepernick, he's done multiple charity events and actually visited a children's hospital where a nephew of mine had gone due to heart issues. This was before he took over as starter for the Niners. He's a genuinely good guy but he's also young and bound to say things without thinking about it especially when it comes to the Seahawks. I'd also like to add that the Niner linebacker corps has also visited children's hospitals together. As far as values are concerned, a modern 1/1 of a young superstar at a premier position is going to pull in a lot of money. You can say the same thing about 1990's inserts, why does a PSA 10 [serial numbered 25 insert] cost more than a PSA 10 [same players 1980's] rookie card?
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Wilson is all class but other members of the Seahawks are a complete embarrassment to other NFL players, and that says a lot, LOL.

You need to cut these players some slack. We are not talking about brain surgeons here.
    These players are playing for their lifelong dream now and the chippyness and trash talk is expected when the stakes are this high. It's very hard to get to the Super Bowl. These guys know it.
    I love Kaep. Kaep is young, he will learn to keep his mouth shut. A Super Bowl and NFC Champ. game in his first 2 years isn't bad for a young QB. No he isn't a Tom Brady, but he isn't a slouch either.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    The best corner in the game!!!

I thought this was absolutely hilarious when I saw it live. I have watched it like 10 times and just think it is great.

The look on Erin Andrews face is priceless.

Sherman needs to call Vince McMahon if he ever needs any work!

"Don't you open your mouth about the best!" LOL

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll thing, I think they are both great coaches and would want either on my side......... >>

I like both quarterbacks and the competitiveness between them. We know Russell Wilson is a class act, no doubt. We know Sherman was coming off an emotional play and win. There was apparently some type of personal attack between them last year. Either way, that's how it goes. For the 12th Man, to throw food and sh*t at an injured player is BS and classless. Enough said on that. >>

Hold the phone here. IF there was anything thrown on the field, it was probably Skittles thrown because Lynch came out of the pile with the ball- and yes, I saw the replay. There's NO WAY food was being thrown at Bowman.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I like both quarterbacks and the competitiveness between them. We know Russell Wilson is a class act, no doubt. We know Sherman was coming off an emotional play and win. There was apparently some type of personal attack between them last year. Either way, that's how it goes. For the 12th Man, to throw food and sh*t at an injured player is BS and classless. Enough said on that. >>

Hold the phone here. IF there was anything thrown on the field, it was probably Skittles thrown because Lynch came out of the pile with the ball- and yes, I saw the replay. There's NO WAY food was being thrown at Bowman. >>

It was reported by several reporters.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "Sherman needs to call Vince McMahon if he ever needs any work! "

That was the first thing I thought when I saw his rant. It was pure WWE. I'm sure the commish
    will hit him for a few thousand bucks for conduct detrimental to the game.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

<< <i>Hold the phone here. IF there was anything thrown on the field, it was probably Skittles thrown because Lynch came out of the pile with the ball- and yes, I saw the replay. There's NO WAY food was being thrown at Bowman. >>

Actually, it was popcorn.

Unless there was more than what the video shows, it looked to be 1 handful of popcorn. So, maybe 1 fan throwing 1 handful of popcorn. That's ok, right? I mean, it's not a loaded hotdog or a plate of messy nachos. Heck, it's not even a beer. /sarcasm

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Actually, it looked to be 1 handful of popcorn. So, maybe 1 fan throwing 1 handful of popcorn. That's ok, right? I mean, it's not a loaded hotdog or a plate of messy nachos. Heck, it's not even a beer. /sarcasm >>

Yeah, but the damn guy was eating the popcorn when he threw it!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    The refs were clearly on Seattle's side.

The refs didnt give Seattle the smarter quarterback. Somebody before summed it up perfectly, Kaepernick is like Michael Vick - very exciting, great runner, strong arm. He is not a polished QB though. These runner first quarterbacks have been shown to not be durable for the long run and they have not won the big games. Simple as that. Once Seattle settled down and took his running lanes away in the 2nd half, he just wasn't as dangerous. Wilson can beat you with his legs if he absolutely needs to , but his arm is what got them to the Super Bowl.

And I'm glad that the bunch of punk thugs (49ers - see Kaepernick and Boldin) got it handed to them when they had all the confidence in the world.
  • Options
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    It's really no surprise to me. I was never on the guy's bandwagon.
  • Options
    sell!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>sell!!!!!!!!! >>

You are way too late to sell now.............
  • Options
    It was over when multiple players decided to retire opposed to following the Captain of the team. That's all I need to know about Kaep and how far they are going to go.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is a really old thread.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    money well spent. he looked amazing today