Home Sports Talk

Super Bowl pointspread

Even though it's in the first half of the NFC championship game, I say either way, Denver's gonna be a 6 point favorite.
What will be interesting this year is watching the weather as it gets close to gameday.
Freezing rain? The over under might go down.

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Better bet is whether the George Washington Bridge is open.
  • 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Betting lines were all available to be bet before this weekends games and in no scenario was an AFC team a favorite.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Betting lines were all available to be bet before this weekends games and in no scenario was an AFC team a favorite. >>

This is what I saw, as well. I'm certain Seattle would be favored if they win. Will be interesting to see what the line would be if SF wins the NFC.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NFC champ will be favored in the Super Bowl. SF and Seattle have very strong defenses and potent offenses. Denver's offense is top notch, but it's defense has not been that good this season. It did play well today though.

I think Denver will play very well in the Superbowl this year and avoid being blown out like it was in 1978, 1987, 1988 and 1990.

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Richard Sherman would like the pointspread to get out of his face.
    After opening as a 1.5 point underdog, Denver is now favored by a point.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After opening as a 1.5 point underdog, Denver is now favored by a point. >>

As of now, it's anywhere from a pick 'em up to DEN -2.5
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>

<< <i>After opening as a 1.5 point underdog, Denver is now favored by a point. >>

As of now, it's anywhere from a pick 'em up to DEN -2.5 >>

I'm expecting even more money to come in on Denver as the game approaches. I would certainly grab Denver at pick em.

• jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<I'm expecting even more money to come in on Denver as the game approaches. I would certainly grab Denver at pick em. >>>

I'm guessing the big boys swung the spread early, hoping that the weather report will be favorable for Seattle, so that when the spread inevitably swings the other way, they wouldn't be giving more than a field goal. If it's teen's/20's with winds, I think Seattle swings to a 1-pt favorite. If it is 40+, Denver stays as favorites.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love Manning and his comeback story culminating in a title, I must say I'm leaning towards Seattle right now. Especially if the weather is going to be as nasty as some people are speculating. Unfavorable weather conditions and Seattle's secondary are going to be tough on the Denver passing attack.

That being said, I'm happy to see the line creeping Denver's way. I'll probably wait until next week to lay it down for Seattle.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    The OU is at 48.

As a side note, DEN averaged 37.9 points/game during the regular season.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The OU is at 48.

As a side note, DEN averaged 37.9 points/game during the regular season. >>

That's very tempting, but they haven't faced a defense, specifically a secondary, like Seattle's. If that total goes over 48, Denver is winning the game for sure.
  • I'll be impressed with anyone who has the balls to bet against Peyton Manning.

The guy gets to the line of scrimmage, looks for the mismatch, and finds it many times.

I just couldn't bet against that guy.