Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Post-Winter FUN Show US Type & Circulated, Crusty Canadian and Newfoundland Coinage

Note that I understand that some folks on this board will not be so familiar with my ID since I am primarily a collector and dealer in US coinage, but please realize that I am not some fly-by-night scammer. As such, inquire with anyone you may think of to determine my integrity and business practices. Lastly, I am far less experienced in the sale of circulated Canadian and Newfoundland coinage than I am with US coinage so I might not be in the ballpark on all these prices; feel free to educate me via PM.

I have a small assortment of coins listed below. Shipping and insurance are paid for by me and all items may be returned within a one week (7-day) period for complete refund. Payment accepted by personal, bank or business check or money order, USPS money order and PayPal options. I prefer to avoid the use of PayPal with the fees that are associated with this option, but if it is required please let me know. Any questions may be asked within the thread or sent to me via PM or to my email address of tbush@tbnumismatics.com. Thank you for your time.

Additionally, at this time I am also offering an advanced notice email option whereby you may receive descriptions and prices of all new purchases after each major show or, in the event that a larger purchase is made between shows, as soon as I have a nice group of coins. Simply send me a PM with your email address or send an email requesting to be placed on the advanced notice list. I will not hammer you with emails or a sales pitch; only the occasional update to my site. Lastly, if you would like to read more frequent updates as to my business, you may want to follow or "like" me on Facebook.

Please note that I am now using a new camera and, with it, some new lights. Therefore, my images have a slightly different “feel” to them and may at first be difficult to interpret for long time viewers of my website. Thank you.

1) 1838-O Seated Liberty Dime No Stars PCGS EF45/CAC

The No Stars Seated Liberty design is my favorite of all the permutations for these long-running coins. The obverse is crisp and clean with Ms. Liberty being extremely well proportioned. Additionally, the early O-mint coinage is also fascinating and might very well be largely ignored or overlooked in today’s market. This dime has terrific detail and great color as well as being certified in a quite popular grade range. $950.00

2) 1929-S Standing Liberty Quarter PCGS MS66

Luster bomb! That phrase pretty much describes this coin. Both sides have terrific luster and are graced with a mixture of blast white with intermingled gold toning with thick patina as well as some crusty auburn near the rims. The coin has typical softness on the inner shield rivets and is not designated as FH, but it is still struck in such a manner to almost look like a medal with Ms. Liberty stepping out to greet the viewer. When SLQs come like this they look wonderful. $675.00

3) 1821 Capped Bust Half Dollar PCGS EF40 Old Green Holder

Tons of crust welcomes all who look at this coin with oodles of dirt, grime, crud and history tucked into the lettering, stars and other raised devices of this coin in a pristine old green holder. I adore classic coinage that has retained dirt on the coin as this is a feature that most folks appear to prefer to have removed, both past collectors and present collectors. Once this history is taken away, it is gone forever and I prefer to preserve it on the coin. The diagonal line on the obverse traveling just after star eight and through Ms. Liberty is either a crack in the planchet, some struck through grease or some type of circulation mark; I simply do not know and it appears to be different when viewed at various angles. This is the O-104 R1 die marriage. $475.00

4) 1916-S Walking Liberty Half Dollar PCGS VF20

There are some issues that I always inspect regardless of grade and the 1916-S WLH is one of those half-dozen or so issues. This coin is a delightful VF that would be quite welcome in a raw Dansco album or Capitol Plastics holder as well as being at home in its current PCGS slab. The 1916-S saw major use and attrition with the remaining coins typically being AG3 and quite often found cleaned, abused or otherwise spiffed-up. Thankfully, we have an exceptional survivor in this coin. In VF and EF these seem to be a great value when they have good eye appeal and prices have been aggressive as noted by the latest Heritage sale of a PCGS VF20 that fetched over $600. However, one will not have to go to that level for this coin. ON HOLD

5) 1877-S Trade Dollar PCGS MS64/CAC

Wow! Trade dollars just don’t come this attractive and original with any frequency. This coin is far superior to the typically encountered MS64 Trade dollar and features steely surfaces with a mixture of medium-depth blue and some flashes of violet. It has one heck of a look and considering the enormous jump these coins take to MS65 it is priced fairly aggressively. $4,950.00

6) 1870 Canada Victoria Five Cents Narrow Rims NGC AU55

The coinage of 1870 were the first dominioin issues since the issues of the late 1850s. All the silver issues were produced with healthy original mintage figures, though attrition and abuse have taken a heavy toll on these coins. The piece listed here has wonderful and original frosty surfaces with a light golden-brown cast and tons of gunk and dirt retained within the lettering as well as a severe die crack running diagonally down the obverse. It is truly a sparkling joy to behold. $275.00

7) 1870 Canada Victoria Dime Narrow 0 NGC EF45

The dime is a great match for the five cent coin also listed in this fun of original Canadian coinage. As with the five cent coin, a healthy original mintage was produced. This coin has significant and attractive dirt on it with the start of a major retained cud on the reverse coming from the leaves on the viewer’s right. They should all look this nice. $225.00

8) 1858 Canada Victoria Twenty-Cent Piece NGC VF35

This is a one-year type as well as one-year denomination, which makes collecting Canadian Victoria twenty-cent pieces pretty appealing if one wants a complete set! The surfaces of this coin are completely original and a mid-tone grey with dirt scattered all about and only some strike weakness on the central portion of the reverse. This is a really cool coin. $250.00

9) 1870 Canada Victoria Quarter NGC VF35

This is the last coin in the currently listed run of first year of issue Canadian coinage. Similar to the other issues, this medium grey coin had a relatively high original mintage and also has good surfaces and thick, attractive patina. $150.00

10) 1872H Canada Victoria Quarter NGC EF45

This coin is for folks who like really dark and original coinage. This Heaton mint issue has very deep color, perhaps from long-term storage in a leather bag or something similar, and is just a gorgeously well preserved early quarter. $350.00

11) 1896 Newfoundland Victoria Five Cents NGC AU53

The Newfoundland five cent pieces end with this issue. The reverse designs on the Newfoundland coinage is quite distinct and very pleasing. The overall feel of this coin is light grey with some frostiness. $225.00

12) 1880/70 Newfoundland Victoria Dime NGC F15

One of the key dates for the Newfoundland dime series and not one that is readily available with meat and good skin. This coin has the typical light grey look that many coins get at this grade level and the underdigit is clearly visible poking out from the upper loop of the second 8 in the date. $185.00

13) 1941C Newfoundland George VI Dime NGC AU58

Perhaps the certification costs are not fully justified on a coin of this value, but the piece has good life and attractive color. $59.00

14) 1865 Newfoundland Victoria Twenty-Cent Piece NGC EF40

What a great little coin for this (now) quirky denomination. Newfoundland actually produced twenty-cent pieces well after the US stopped the denomination and the 1865 issue is the first in the run. The obverse has a hint of golden toning under the dirt while the reverse is a more even charcoal. $325.00

15) 1894 Newfoundland Victoria Twenty-Cent Piece NGC AU50

Really frosty surfaces with retained dirt in the lettering grace both sides of this slightly circulated example. The 1894 issue is another that was produced in sufficient numbers, but this date appears more difficult to find than the mintage might suggest. $450.00

16) 1919C Newfoundland George V Quarter NGC AU58

This is the “key” issue for a two year type coin and is the last issue for the Newfoundland quarter series. The 1919C seems to be found less frequently than the 1917C and this coin has hints of warm pumpkin toning around the reverse with a somewhat more grey obverse and, like so many of the Canadian and Newfoundland issues listed in my inventory, the coin has lots of gunk and grime all over it. It is crispy with crud. $350.00

www.tbnumismatics.com
tbush@tbnumismatics.com
Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments